PDA

View Full Version : when are you putting ya tree up?

newandlearning
01-12-2009, 02:34 PM
am just wondering when everyone else is putting their Xmas Tree up etc..

was thinking of doing this week how bout everyone else?

xx:)

LOOPYLISA
01-12-2009, 02:36 PM
We are putting ours up this weekend coming :clapping:

Real one too, im sooooooo excited :thumbsup:

AliceK
01-12-2009, 02:36 PM
I was going to do it last weekend but DS desperately wants to help and he was at his dads so we will do it this weekend instead.
xxxx

buildingblocks
01-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Mines up and looking not as good as normal as got fed up of waiting for hubby to put all the chains of things - not tinsel but wire with stars on hard to explain - sp got fed up and have put ornaments on and it doesn't look right now.

miffy
01-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Might do it this weekend but if I don't have time it will be the following one

Miffy xx

shopshelleyd
01-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Put ours up last night. Got a real one this year for a change, although now it is all decorated doesn't look (or smell!) any different to our false one!

Outside lights still to go up though. We have moving reindeers and flashing stuff and lots of lights, looks fantastically tacky when all done! :laughing: :laughing:

newandlearning
01-12-2009, 06:20 PM
arr.. I'm feeling like putting up flashing lights too .. may just do a lil window display instead... we bought some ribbons today and some beads so the idea is to have pop corn instead of tinsel and decs made of ribbons and beads...

if you get a real xmas tree do you have to pot it or just buy a stand for it??
I'm not sure..:)

RachelE
01-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Ours will probably go up on the 13th. normally leave it til a week later, but may give in this year.

I know, I'm a bah humbug! But, Christmas lasts far too long when its only one day! :o

Alibali
01-12-2009, 06:26 PM
15th dh birthday!

Cakes
01-12-2009, 06:30 PM
I have been feeling christmasy for ages was itching to put mine up this weekend..then i had a missed call from ofsted and am now thinking that until they phone back to let me know what they want(could be first grading inspection:eek: ) i will not be putting it up yet as i know it will involve a risk assessment that i don't fancy doing at the moment. So now i am a bit bah humbug instead :laughing: :laughing:

marian
01-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Will start to put stuff up this weekend :)

Marian x

PixiePetal
01-12-2009, 07:23 PM
I was away at the weekend and DD (15) managed to get DH to buy more window lights :rolleyes:

A string of stars which are now up at the playroom window - didn't seem worth putting them away so up they went. She said she likes me going away, as when out shopping with dad, he never says no!!

Nothing else yet, tree by the weekend I hope :thumbsup:

Hebs
01-12-2009, 07:28 PM
am just wondering when everyone else is putting their Xmas Tree up etc..

was thinking of doing this week how bout everyone else?

xx:)

mines been up almost 2 weeks :clapping:

shopshelleyd
01-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Ours is in a stand but some do come in a pot I think so you can plant in garden afterwards.

zillervalley
01-12-2009, 07:48 PM
always put it up the sunday nearest the 1st December

but I was still away decorator coming tomorow so doing it on friday afternoon

Desi-101
01-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Had fun putting ours up tonight!! :)

Helen Dempster
01-12-2009, 08:36 PM
this weekend, Sunday and I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

It's a small world
01-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Just put mine up :clapping: :clapping:

Pudding Girl
01-12-2009, 09:48 PM

:eek:

Mine went up today, well I say mine, just having the mindees tree this year as we will be away for 10 days :) we had fun this afternoon decorating the felt xmas shapes from B&Q and put it up this evening. Only used the top half of the big tree and wedged it into a metal bucket.

Will pop a pic up tomorrow :)

Lady Haha
02-12-2009, 10:45 AM

:thumbsup:

A girl after my own heart!!! Mines been up since the weekend, but I really had to force myself to wait that long!!!! I have two, one in the lounge and another in the playroom which the mindees 'decorated'.....

flora
02-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Normally put our up mid december.

I like to have my birthday cards up for a bit and then I take them down and replace them with the Christmas decs.

Hannah is 3 this year and so old enough to enjoy Christmas and all the fun this year :thumbsup: