PDA

View Full Version : trying to keep positive and supportive

newandlearning
01-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Hi everyone... I'm just trying to figure out how to manage everything ... my DH has recently moved out and although he sees our 2 LOs once during the week and at the weekend for one day/night ... I don't know how to keep on top of everything.. I'm currently managing to get some of my paperwork done at 'quiet time', am minding full time .. have had to incorporate educational day2day living into my practice .. but now have my own very clingy 2yo who won't leave me out of his sight... he can on top of this open every stairgate, unclick himself in the car etc... and today was rather shocked when he stuck his hand up the car's exhaust and got a black arm and hand :laughing: .. now although the exhaust thing was funny.. I just feel exhausted with getting no space from him to cook, wash etc etc...

are there any other childminders out there that are single with kids and working.. if so what do you find works well for you.. I'd really love to get a cleaner but they cost around £25.00 around this way for 2 hours and I'm not sure if this helps.. when do you all do your cleaning? before when my DH was here he'd look after our LOs whilst I cleaned.. its rather stressful trying to clean at times (and a job I don't really like)...

any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm beginning to feel bogged down with everything...xxx:)

TheBTeam
01-12-2009, 02:01 PM
OOOh, not sure how to help, but do you have a chair and tray that you can maybe clip the 2yr old into and let them get on with an activity, like playdough or something so that you can keep an eye on them but you know that they aren't on the loose.

It also wont do the 2yr old any harm on some occasions if they have had a fair bit of you direct attention to sit/stand next to you whilst you fill out some paperwork.

Louise_Oaktree
01-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Can't you start your son at pre-school just for a morning or so? My son's pre-school take from 2yrs and they do mornings or afternoons 9-11.30 or 12.30-3 for £7 a session, much cheaper than a cleaner and it gives you a break whilst helping him out too :idea:

Minstrel
01-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Or could he go to another childminder for one morning a week. Maybe a friend has a space?

Ripeberry
01-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Lots of good suggestions there :)

sarah707
01-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Don't try to do too much.

You do eventually adapt and manage everything but it takes time and you'll be mentally and physically exhausted atm.

Letting a few unessential things slide isn't failure, it's just acceptance that you are not superwoman!

Hugs xx

miffy
01-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Can't you start your son at pre-school just for a morning or so? My son's pre-school take from 2yrs and they do mornings or afternoons 9-11.30 or 12.30-3 for £7 a session, much cheaper than a cleaner and it gives you a break whilst helping him out too :idea:

Sounds like a good idea but if he's very clingy atm he might be better off with a relative so you get a break.

Sending hugs

Miffy xx

newandlearning
02-12-2009, 11:36 AM
thanks for replies ladies... my ds is going to start preschool in jan.. so I'm hoping thats the beginning of some calm time.. will still childmind but will be able to focus of mindees more which will be good.xx