PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS GOING TO BE HARD...QUESTION 1

It's a small world
30-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Can I just ask on question one where it asks about the background of the children who attend my settings how much info do they need..dont want to give too much away ie confidentiality???? not sure what I need to put?

Hellllpppp this is the first question.....watch out for question 2 queries :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LouiseM2009
30-11-2009, 10:35 PM
i cant remember where i have read it but i think i have in one of my policies (i may have read it on the bromley website) that the parents sign to confirm that the only people who may see confidential info is ofsted.

because of this i have put the information in that i needed to to make my answers relevant!

god, policies, they will need reviewing soon....scary on top of this new sef

sarah707
01-12-2009, 07:51 AM
Have you got a current inspection report?

You can use the beginning bit for question 1.

If not, have a browse through reports on the Ofsted site to get ideas :D

Zoomie
01-12-2009, 12:18 PM
You think Q1 is hard .... wait till you turn the page :eek: :eek:

If you want the easiest way to do your SEF, buy Sarah's e-book.

Still hard going but without it, I fear Ofsted may have very few SEFs from childminders.

(Thanks Sarah :thumbsup: )

Heaven Scent
01-12-2009, 03:00 PM
You just say how many are white british how many mixed race and how many are of other nationalities or how many may be of one belief or another, or how many may have english as a second languare or parents who have, or you could mention how many are from travellers families etc. If you live in a city and someone travels to your setting from the country who are from a farm then you could mention that. Its about showing the diversity of your mindees and their families so that they can see when they come and later on in your SEF that you are being inclusive thats it really!!!! - no need to go any further into details be very general.

Mari
01-12-2009, 11:32 PM
I don't remember that quesiton on mine. Is this just the ofsted form, and are they very different from the CSSIW forms?

sarah707
02-12-2009, 07:38 AM
I don't remember that quesiton on mine. Is this just the ofsted form, and are they very different from the CSSIW forms?

This is the Ofsted / English one Mari - they are very different :D

emmadibbs
07-12-2009, 09:58 PM
I wasn't sure about confidentiality either so I just used the first letter of their name and said, as example, F is 23 months old, she is of European origins with a British mother and a French father. She attends my setting all day on a Tuesday and a Thursday and half a day on a Wednesday and started in September. One of the children I have was being assessed for special needs at the time and I wrote about that and the diagnoses had come through at the time of the inspection and I discussed it with the inspector. On the day I said 'can I use their names?' and she laughed and said yes so I guess they get asked that one all the time!!

Reckon the SEF took me 16 hours!!!

mississmoomoo
13-01-2010, 09:02 PM
OMG I will have to go back and put that in I missed that bit, god this is soo hard, I never realised it was going to be this hard, where can I get Sarahs book, my Ofsted visit is inamant and I need to get this done asap

her8y
13-01-2010, 09:33 PM
You think Q1 is hard .... wait till you turn the page :eek: :eek:

If you want the easiest way to do your SEF, buy Sarah's e-book.

Still hard going but without it, I fear Ofsted may have very few SEFs from childminders.

(Thanks Sarah :thumbsup: )

I couldnt have done my sef without it (thank you Sarah):D

mayberry
14-01-2010, 06:13 AM
buy Sarah's e-book. just the best :clapping: :clapping:

Dawn xx

dlissaman
14-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Hi
I brought Sarah's book and then everything became clear. It really helped me to elaborate on my first thoughts. I do feel sorry for Mrs O though my SEF was over 8,000 words long. I really do not know how many hours i spent on it. Good Luck.