PDA

View Full Version : cruising shoes for tiny feet

Blackhorse
30-11-2009, 07:31 PM
mindee's mum finally took my advice and got her 17 month old LO's feet measured (to buy him cruising shoes)...(he doesnt walk het and just started stnading)..so far he was only in weird shoe like things that actually stopped him from walking...they were to slippery and didnt support him at all.

BUT
his feet are too small. I think they are size 1.5...and they told her they dont do them in that size...

do any of you know if you can get small sized cruising shoes anywhere? and if so where??

Thanks

sweets
30-11-2009, 07:38 PM
never heard of cruising shoes!

why does mum want to buy him shoes when hes not walking yet? shoes are not neccessary till then and its better for them to be barefooted as much as poss,or to be wearing a pair of thin socks only.

Hebs
30-11-2009, 07:39 PM
hope this helps :thumbsup:

http://baby-catalog.co.uk/uk_size_1_eu_17_555.htm

nannymcflea
30-11-2009, 07:43 PM

why does mum want to buy him shoes when hes not walking yet? shoes are not neccessary till then and its better for them to be barefooted as much as poss,or to be wearing a pair of thin socks only.

Absolutley, no shoes are so much better for babies/toddlers than covering their feet. Only use shoes on tinies when they are walking outside.

Blackhorse
30-11-2009, 07:43 PM

he is on the verge of walking and they can support them better...I used them for my dd and they were fab..(although I also did let her walk alot barefooted and with anti slip socks..

sarah707
30-11-2009, 07:44 PM
I have wooden floors and find the socks with grips on the bottom are best for toddlers as well as walkers who might slip :D

nannymcflea
30-11-2009, 07:55 PM
he is on the verge of walking and they can support them better...I used them for my dd and they were fab..(although I also did let her walk alot barefooted and with anti slip socks..

Babies feet don't need supporting....sorry to be so pedantic. They are a waste of money, barefoot is best unless they are outside. The rule for feet is...if they are not wearing gloves they don't need to be wearing socks! Barefeet are fine on laminate, if not a little dirty by the end of the day!:D

found this...

Lynn T, Staheli, MD, director of the department of orthopedics at Children's Hospital and Medical Center, Seattle, states "Shoeless populations have fewer foot problems than their shoe counterparts. And, according to current advice, babies who are just learning to walk should go barefoot, whenever possible, to maximize their balance and stability.

candy cat
30-11-2009, 08:22 PM
I always felt barefeet was best,but my daughter is 19mths and still not walking.....consultant says she has weak ankles and we were told to purchase pre walkers in boot style to help support her ankles......I bought some lovely startrite boots from John Lewis in size 3.In my opinion she is lazy,but we felt we had to follow their advice.

Size 1.5 is very small is this correct???? clarks start at 4 so go for startrite.cx

Pudding Girl
30-11-2009, 08:36 PM
gosh that is teeny size isn't it :eek:

Blackhorse
30-11-2009, 08:52 PM
he is tiny and in 9 months clothes...he is being assessed regularly in the hospital to monitor his progress.

he is a lovely wee boy!

we just feel that he needs some support on his legs as he is trying to walk..and the ''shoes'' he has are getting to small and are hindering his progress in my opinion anyways

Blackhorse
30-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Babies feet don't need supporting....sorry to be so pedantic. They are a waste of money, barefoot is best unless they are outside. The rule for feet is...if they are not wearing gloves they don't need to be wearing socks! Barefeet are fine on laminate, if not a little dirty by the end of the day!:D

found this...

Lynn T, Staheli, MD, director of the department of orthopedics at Children's Hospital and Medical Center, Seattle, states "Shoeless populations have fewer foot problems than their shoe counterparts. And, according to current advice, babies who are just learning to walk should go barefoot, whenever possible, to maximize their balance and stability.

thanks for that...I do agree that they should be barefoot most of the time but I also think they should start getting used to having a pair of shoes on them every now and again...especially now in the winter where the floor will stay cool even if I have the heating on full blast all day. When my dd first got her shoes she only wore them for short periods of time to get her used to it..and of course outside...the rest of the day she was running in her bare feet or in socks...which is still what she does....I wasnt suggesting that he will remain in his shoes all day.
Also, he is in very weird shoe-things at the moment that make him slip as they are not designed for walking...they are those pretend shoes babies sometimes wear...well he has them on all the time and I dont think they help him. So I said to mum get his feet measured...get a pair of proper shoes for him to wear to practice a bit and to be outside and the rest of the day he can be in his anti slip socks and with his bare feet...but the problem is they dont do them in his size ...as far as we found anyways...

I think the shoeless population thing is also very true but I think that actually extends to adults as well..as we can still damage our feet and legs by wearing inappropriate shoes.....

PixiePetal
30-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Ah bless, what tiny little feet! I agree that bare foot is best but it can get really chilly.

Had opposite problem with my DS when he was 12m his feet measured size 5 at Clarks, pre walkers at that time only went up to a 4 1/2 as they were quite a new idea :rolleyes:

It was a November and as he was not yet walking properly, my mum knitted him fishermans socks (no laminate floor) :thumbsup: By 13m he was walking properly and his feet were a 5 1/2 so I bought a pair of real shoes to go out in:)

Louise_Oaktree
01-12-2009, 02:03 PM
My son had some leather shoes that you can buy from ebay etc, they were so soft just like socks but made in a little shoe shape with elastic on the back. They were brill for laminate but they weren't as restrictive as shoes.

Pre-walkers are not really as bad as they sound, they are so light and flexible and are made to protect little toes during crawling as some have rubber on the front. They have excellent grip on the bottom too. I still have mine from when my son was little and he actually wore a hole in the front whilst learning to walk just from scuffing his toes along the ground. They were startrite and are so soft you can bend them in half.

Slipper socks are a great idea but none of mine would keep them on - I breathe a sigh of relief when my 11 month old mindee turns up wearing tights :clapping: one less for sock hunting :laughing:

I think they should only be used at the right time and stage of development but can help, especially for playing outdoors as it protects their little feet.

ORKSIE
01-12-2009, 02:20 PM
I have laminate flooring...I find bare feet is best as the LO's dont slip.
I have never put shoes on children that dont walk or are cruising, the child needs to be able to feel the floor under their feet.