PDA

View Full Version : Happy St Andrew's Day!

sarah707
30-11-2009, 02:01 PM
To all our Scottish members!

Hope you are enjoying your celebrations :D

Trouble
30-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Hope you have a great day:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Alibali
30-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Thanks! The lo's were all at nursery today in kilts and tartan dresses they looked so sweet, they had oat cakes and cheese at nursery (and Irn bru:eek: )

Then back here for a lunch of haggis, neeps and tatties (followed by some nice healthy fruit) and our St Andrews flags are painted and drying as I type.

Some ceilidh music and shortbread for after school.

I love it.

fionamal
30-11-2009, 02:37 PM
I do think that St. Andrews Day should be made into a public holiday.

We too have made flags and had Haggis, neeps and tatties for lunch.

Kids went to school in kilts this morning although some of the boys had school trousers on under them as it was so cold.

Blackhorse
30-11-2009, 02:44 PM
st andrew's day at the nursery was cancelled and 1 of my after schooler's not here today the other one only for about 30 minutes...

so we are not really doing anything special today....:-(
sadly...will have to do it next time round...

ORKSIE
30-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Have a lovely day. Enjoy your celebrations:jump for joy:
I thought it was a Public Holiday. Obviously not:panic:

Tink
30-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Hope you are enjoying your day.

We have made flags, colored a picture of the loch ness monster, some bagpipes and watched family ness 80's from the internet, kids loved it:clapping:

polly73
30-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Happy St. Andrews Day to you all!! I went in to George S:clapping: quare last night with my daughters to see the christmas lights and there was entertainment on for st andrews day it was a great night, we were all dancing to the scottish music it certainly kept me warm jumping about like a mad woman!!

LittleMissSparkles
30-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Happy St Andrew's Day :)

peanuts
30-11-2009, 11:29 PM
we made tartan pictures with different coloured paint and running toy car tyre over it in 2 different directions. kids had fun.

rhymes and songs,pancakes for snack after school, didnt want to give irn bru and it makes them hyper. got the kids on friday going to ceilidh kids so it should be fun. jumping about like an ejit doing highland dancing with kids.

wore my kilt and sash today.

peanuts
30-11-2009, 11:32 PM
forgot to add i also think it should be a holiday today.

i couldnt believe the nursery today, they had a pyjama party instead of celebrating st andrews day, they said they will celebrate it on friday. At playgroup they are doing something scottish everyday this week