PDA

View Full Version : Sick child advice please

twiggy
30-11-2009, 01:07 PM
The child I mind was feeling unwell approx 3 weeks ago and I advised mum that they were not 100%. The following day mum sent the child stating he was fine and as the morning went on it was clear he was unwell with a sore throat and temperature. I text mum who said she would call me. She did not and turned up at 3.30 (her normal time to collect her child). A few days later I went down with what the child had which resulted in me having to take 2 days off unpaid.

The child is again not 100%, would it be rude of me to write in the daily diary that mum should not send him tomorrow if he is still poorly. He just wants to sleep, has a runny nose and sore throat and is off his food.

youarewhatyoueat
30-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Difficult one as most children seem to have those symptoms at the moment, its that time of year.
But if you think the child is really not well perhaps ring mum and suggest she check with the doctor.
Personally I wouldn't write it in the diary as it needs to be discussed between you at pick up time and she is unlikely to read it until she gets home.Just write the facts of how the child has been today.
Get permission to give calpol as and when its needed in case they come.

Zoomie
30-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Its a hard one to call.

I think a lot of cm have the rule that if the LO can participate, then they can attend, if not, then they need to stay at home.

Bugs are rife at this time of the year. I don't think you can avoid it, even if you tried.

:)