PDA

View Full Version : imagination prompt ideas plz

mushpea
29-11-2009, 01:44 PM
need some ideas for props for pretend play please
i have a toy kitchen which we use as a cafe, kitchen , bakers etc
i have a small table and chairs which i put a pretend phone and fax machine on for office play,
i have tents but they are a bit big for the living room when we have other toys in
i have a huge dressing up box

so any other ideas for what i could use to fire their imagination would be good please, the only thing i dont want in the living room is pens/pencils as i have a 2yrold that will happily draw on everything!!

Kes
29-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Have you got any tools you could set up a garage.
Doctors/vet surgery.
Post office
Train station.
santas work shop, put out some wrapping paper and sellotape if your feeling brave, empty boxes etc.
Library.
Shops.
Get a large cardboard box they usually find lots to with one of them.
Travel agents.

Kerry.

The Juggler
29-11-2009, 02:44 PM
I think that sounds OK. then pens and pencils freely available will encourage their mark making imaginations. you could leave books/posters/pictures nearby to tie in with their interests and your current theme so they can use these for ideas to extend their imaginations.

I have binoculars and magnifying glasses indoors and out and my lo's go exploring for animals around the house. I leave them in the dressing up box with an explorer hat.

Have a little shopping trolley, till and basket in my home corner area.

Doctors/vet sets.

Baby dolls and feeding stuff/nappies, cot

Also of late have been keeping spare car seats in lounge (through lack of space). My lo's sit in them to 'go to shops' or park and use them as doctors chairs. I've given them lots of bags, phones and old keys to encourage them.

Have fun!

mushpea
29-11-2009, 03:18 PM
i like the idea of santas groto with paper and box's, that would go well with my sleight making box thingy,
pens and paper are there for them to help themsleves to but only in the dinning room, i wont have them in the lounge as i have one that will draw anywhere and everywhere!

thanks for the idea's anymore always welcome

miffy
29-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Mine love lengths of material, shawls, hats, gloves, shoes and bags - all they need then is their imagination!

Miffy xx