PDA

View Full Version : Information request from CM's in Yorkshire

RickyJ
28-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Good Morning all,

I'm just wondering if there are any pre-reg's or qualified CM's particular in the Barnsley area or South Yorkshire who could shed light on the current state of the market.

I'm just wondering if anyone has set-up shop so to speak this year, how you're finding the market, if you wish to disclose your fees via PM or on here roughly how much you charge.

My next query is available courses that you deem value for money, as I'm no stranger to travelling, so driving into local cities is no bother for me if I'll be benefiting from a quality course or value for money again.

My last question is to see if anyone is operating from a non-domestic property, how you find it and whether its a better direction for expansion? My ultimate goal is to build a team of minders in Barnsley/South Yorkshire when reagarding.

A continually story I hear is how expensive childminding is, looking into it I think its reasonable so my aim is to research an average rate in Barnsley/South Yorkshire and work along those lines.

A lot of questions, but I really want to make this work and by aiming to go into non-domestic in the first instance could prove costly i'm it fails. However, I've had responses from you already and its nothign but support.

Thanks.

LisaMcNally09
28-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Im from Yorkshire (west though!). I set up in September and im completely full at the moment from 7:15am until 5:30pm everyday.

RickyJ
30-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Hi Lisa,

What qualifications did you undertake and how long did it take to reach the point you're at?

LisaMcNally09
30-11-2009, 10:59 AM
I did my ICP, basic food hygiene and first aid. I am just starting my NVQ 3 CCLD.

When i first became registered in September I got one part time mindee straight away. I then got another one in October. I then got a fulltime mindee in November with her brother as an after schooler. My final place for an after schooler was filled last week and she started this morning!

So all in all it took 3 months to be full.

The registration process took me 8 months!

hth

LisaH
30-11-2009, 08:46 PM
I'm West Yorkshire too:)

Took about 5 months to register. I was full within around 6 months and am still busy (just one space to fill).

I have done ICP, 1st Aid, child protection, food hygiene and am about halfway through my NVQ3:)