Anyone seen any good bargains if so point me in the right direction
Have you seen any good books - games - toys
What is your best buy ?

I have heaps of stuff but you can never have enough

What would you buy if you could ?

xxx

berkschick
04-03-2008, 08:21 PM
I recently got a double sided Little Tikes easel reduced to £35 in Mothercare.

That has been a great buy. Chalk board one side and paper the other.

Twinkles
04-03-2008, 08:22 PM
How about something for the garden as we're just coming up to outdoor weather ... woohoo!

miffy
04-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Don't know - half the fun is in the looking and choosing

I'd like to be able to buy some really nice outdoor stuff for the older kids

But the best buys are those bargains you just find when you're not looking

miffy xx

angeldelight
04-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Oh that Easel sounds good Debbie even better because my daughter worked there years ago and they still allow her discount

Keep thinking

Garden stuff sounds good

Think I could do with buying a house just for childminding - Im running out of space

xxx

Minnie Minx
04-03-2008, 08:27 PM
i'd buy lots of craft stuff lol, when i do start minding the room will be full of crafty things lol

xxx

Annie_T
04-03-2008, 08:29 PM
ohh shopping.. can i come lol i just llloooooveeeee shopping :D ]

hmm what to get:idea: hmmm well .......

lego, bricks,
twister (learn colours, left and right etc and corodination skills)

:idea: errmmm

puzzles or shopping food stuff etc

oh i dunno lol woolworths got so much i want get for when i start :)

sorry hun but have fun shopping

angeldelight
04-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Why dont you all come with me that would be great fun ha

xx

Minnie Minx
04-03-2008, 08:33 PM
oo oo ooo ooooooooooo angel i'd go shopping with you but i'm working in the week :( :( can we look next sunday as i love spending other people's money :D :D

xxxx

angeldelight
04-03-2008, 08:34 PM
yes we will look at some craft shops etc get some bargains if we can

xx

berkschick
04-03-2008, 08:37 PM
The easel is great. It comes with the trays below the boards so you can put paint pots there with brushes in! How sad but I was very excited by this!

angeldelight
04-03-2008, 08:39 PM
I am the same Debbie get excited with the kids things haha

I will look on the mothercare site

I got that game from elc the other day - all around the world - its really good if anyone is interested in it

xxx

sarah707
04-03-2008, 08:44 PM
I want some new garden toys this year so I've been browsing the catalogues... not spotted anything really exciting yet, but I do intend to buy a big planter, some soil, seeds etc for the little ones to plant up themselves and watch their flowers grow :D

angeldelight
04-03-2008, 08:44 PM
There are some great things in asda Sarah - plant pots etc with seeds for the kids - prices are good

xx

charleyfarley
04-03-2008, 08:50 PM
We'll help you spend it on Sunday Angel, don't worry :laughing:

I'm with Theresa, love buying the craft things

Went to Hobbycraft on Sunday but only spent £35, which was a third of what I normally spend.

Carol xx

ajs
04-03-2008, 09:04 PM
i bought some new things today despite promising david i'd stop spending money
i bought animal snap
and domino flash cards which are a big 21cm by 16 cm with the number the word then the number of things so 15 has 15 musical notes on that's on one side and on the other is a domino card
i also bought some reward stickers as the little girl i have won't eat her veg without some reward and i thought for 49p for about 300 stickers was very good value

i also bought a wide but flat toy box for all the craft stuff hoping it would fit under the chest of drawers but unfortunately it doesn't and it's also not big enough so i need another one
they all came from home bargains which is the best shop ever invented

Twinkles
04-03-2008, 09:09 PM
I want some new garden toys this year so I've been browsing the catalogues... not spotted anything really exciting yet, but I do intend to buy a big planter, some soil, seeds etc for the little ones to plant up themselves and watch their flowers grow :D

I've just done the same thing Sarah. I bought some nasturtium seeds ( can't go wrong with them and - in theory - you can eat the flowers too ).

Annie_T
04-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Why dont you all come with me that would be great fun ha

xx

lol ok where and when jokes. go shopping, have a cuppa, chat shop, bite to eat more shopping ,..if only huh

Polly2
05-03-2008, 09:52 AM
I love spending!!!

Was in elc yeasterday and they had a good sale on

Had some lovely giant games for the garden - but unfortunately they were full price so I gonna look on e bay ha ha

Happy spending Angel xx

Banana
05-03-2008, 09:56 AM
So what did you get Angel? Or have you not been yet?

I'd get loads and loads of magic maize :laughing: LOVE IT!!!!!

xxx

mamapink
05-03-2008, 10:01 AM
hello

these are silly money i know but how great are these

www.housemonkeys.co.uk

hope the link works

there does become a line though between home for adults and kids and living in a childrens adventure park

but would love to have room for these

going to add it to my when i win the lottery wishlist

bye pink:o

angeldelight
05-03-2008, 10:32 AM
ooooooooooooooh i would love those

so would the kids i imagine ha

xxx

Alibali
05-03-2008, 01:56 PM
I just ordered this half price from amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Re-creation-Group-plc-Cranium/dp/B000NVNG8Y/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys&qid=1204725339&sr=8-1

Alison:)

Banana
05-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Looks like fun Alison!! Hope the kids enjoy it :)

xx

Rubybubbles
05-03-2008, 02:11 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Re-creation-Group-plc-Cranium/dp/B000NVNG8Y/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys&qid=1204725339&sr=8-1

oh I like that, it's soon my ds birthday he'd really like that:thumbsup:

crazybones
05-03-2008, 02:37 PM

Thank you I have just ordered one too.
I must stop spending money. :eek:

Annie x

angeldelight
05-03-2008, 03:02 PM
That is great thanks

Angel xx

Heaven Scent
05-03-2008, 03:50 PM
I've spent a fortune in the last couple of days - Got lots of gardening stuff from Wilkinsons. Some great small world toys from Asda they are ither vehicles or pet houses with people or animals in eg rabbit hutch with rabbit, drinking bottle and a carrot or areoplane with a 2 crew 1 male and 1 female and a suitcase. I boutght those two plus fireengine police care cat dog and space shuttle all for £2.89 each. As I only have a garage and dolls house left in that sort of thing I thought it was a good starting point. [I used to have soo much of everything when my two were small they tended to only have things bought around certain themes eg. hospital, farm, airport with wilton weave airport mat (DH family mad about airplanes), train (I forgot I still have huge tomy train set) Garage and road mat I tended to stick with the traditonal stuff and built up huge sets for them - I never bought the latest rages from TV (except husband did buy Thunder bird Island - bringing back his own youth) that tied in with the huge space set I built up]. I gave everything I had 3 years ago to an orphanage in russia and to a nursery where I worked. Its a pity really but I know it went to a good cause. I'm only gutted because I have to buy it all again.

I got 3 great tents from Au Natural for £7.99 ea one is a castle, another is a house, and the last is an indian tepee and while I was in wilkinsons I got an indian squaw dress and head dress for £2.50 my local branch had a very limited stock of toys. In Aldi I got 2 window sill green houses to grow some seeds will probably do Nasturtiums, strawberries and will plant some tomatos later in grow bags I'll put the Nasturtiums and strawberries into hanging baskets with some other plants so they are away from the slugs although I wont put them in the same baskets as nasturtiums hare dreadful for black fly. I did think it would be good because they grow well and are pretty and you can eat them. I'm hoping to get a small window box herb garden or two on the go also so we can use the herbs in our cooking.

I got two great girls bikes brand new from a shop near me for £12.00 each if anyone lives not too far from Congleton they were £12.50 each they are cute with little seats on the back for dollies they also do boys ones but I don't and won't have boys that age for a while so bought 2 girls ones. The shop is called Home and Beauty , it has loads of electrical items cheap. I got 3 Balamory books for £5.00 from the works they are good for inclusion and multi cultural and the mother of my main 2 children is from Scotland.

I got some nice wicker storage baskets in jAu natural 4 for £15.00 and I cot a great display thing for £2.50 its a door hangar for displaying childrens art work and has 6 clear pocket whre you can display A4 sized art work. A good solution for the moaning husbands who don't want to live in a nursery. I might buy another one and hang it back to front on another door and create a display on it. - Good thinking bat girl. Then got loads more jugsaws and games and plastic plates and cups from ASDA and charity shops. I also got lots of nice stuff for my treasure basket for my 9mth old mindee.

What I want now if anyone sees them is spools and large beads to thread, sorting buttons and things like teddy links.

If anyone sees a line on suckers can they let me know so I can make a number line.

Thats it now but I'm off to Newcastle-under-Lyme tomorrow to go to Home Bargains and to pick up a parcel and I'll probably go wild in there, only trouble is I'll have 3 mindees with me so not great.

Celine

crazybones
05-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Gosh Celine you have been busy. :laughing: I have one of those rabbit hutch things (Well its actually one of Williams birthday presents but all his stuff is shared). I like the sound of the teepee and indian squaw dress.

Annie x

LittleMissSparkles
05-03-2008, 05:34 PM
gosh Celine I was exahusted reading that never mind about shopping for it all ....... xxx

booboo
06-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Argos have another sale on got some good bargains from there, also home Bargains is soooo cheap!! :jump for joy:

Amanda

angeldelight
06-03-2008, 09:42 AM
I wish I was rich ha

Some lovely things on this site

http://www.e-quip4education.co.uk/acatalog/Farmyard_Friends_Bookshelves.html

I think im going to get hubby to make me a book case - much cheaper

xx

Heaven Scent
06-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Oh I forgot I saw some lovely wooden toys in the cancer research shop they were all new and were really reasonable if anyone needs any they had all sorts of things like shape sorters etc etc. One thing I looked at was only £6.00.

Celine

deeb66
09-03-2008, 01:17 PM
I could quite easily spend a fortune on the Kids like me website...I just love the stuff that they do

http://www.kidslikeme.co.uk/

angeldelight
12-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Yeah Dee thats why I wish I was rich haha great site

Angel xx

miffy
12-03-2008, 11:03 PM

Looks like yougot a bargain then cos they are full price now

Miffy xx

Alibali
13-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Cranium superfort-It's arrived and the kids love it, spend hours making fabulous constructions. I love it even better now I know it has doubled in price!!

Alison :)

crazybones
13-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Cranium superfort-It's arrived and the kids love it, spend hours making fabulous constructions. I love it even better now I know it has doubled in price!!

Alison :)

I havent opened mine yet but the kids are very excited. I decided its not safe to use it in the house - to many different ages. The garden is so muddy still I am waiting until it dries up a little. It looks really cool though and thanks for the tip, never would have bought it at full price.

Rubybubbles
13-03-2008, 08:00 PM
I wish I was rich ha

Some lovely things on this site

http://www.e-quip4education.co.uk/acatalog/Farmyard_Friends_Bookshelves.html

I think im going to get hubby to make me a book case - much cheaper

xx

these bookcases are fab!! I want the lot:laughing:

Chell
13-03-2008, 08:23 PM
these bookcases are fab!! I want the lot:laughing:

I love the cow bookcase, I wish I had room for it.

michellethegooner
13-03-2008, 08:54 PM
how about some gardening stuff. e.g seeds pots etc or just some nice outdoor toys.. my mindees love planting sunflowers and tomatoes etc all that can be sown this time of year..

Or maybe one of them 4 tier plastic mini greenhouses I have one and its great.

Michelle