PDA

View Full Version : all for people who understand tax returns

Ben10mad
27-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Hiya all, last year i sent my tax returns to hmrc in late january and just made the dead line. Due to this im thinking of getting it done now so its out the way.

Is thet a good idea or not?
and if i was to do it online would it then tell me at the end how much i would owe, as i know i will have to pay them money and i would like to pay it before christas so its out the way

xxxxx

beccas
27-11-2009, 09:43 PM
i do my tax return as soon as i get it and send it to them . i use ncma account book so its easy filling my tax return in as all the boxes are labeled and tell you where to write it on tax return that way tax man can work it all out for me to save me the hassle. and its out of the way.

huggableshelly
27-11-2009, 10:16 PM
I did mine online last wednesday and paid what I owed at the same time.

yes it calculates for you and gives you the chance to pay by card.

I too wanted it paid before xmas as got a huge holiday to pay for beginning of jan

Chatterbox Childcare
27-11-2009, 10:40 PM
I do mine and submit it on the 1st April each year online. At the end it tells you what you owe and when to pay it. I pay a little each month and save the rest in an ISA and then the statements come through to say who will pay what

I do not like paying the tax man so any interest I do have, not that the rates are good at the moment.

I always pay mine online on 31st January and that is okay.