PDA

View Full Version : Time worked without children

mpoppins
27-11-2009, 01:27 PM
I will be working 30 hrs a week with children, but will probably spent many more hours unpaid doing paperwork, cooking, tidying, etc. Do I include these hours in the total hours i work each week?
Also does anybody know if you can carry over some expenses from one year to the next as I have spent much more so far this year than i would ever pay in taxes, if that makes sense. My Aunt does this on her house she rents out.
Thanks
Marie

cuffleygirl
27-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Yes include an allowance for spent doing paperwork it is a requirement and could technically incorporated into a child's hourly/daily rate.

Rubybubbles
27-11-2009, 02:01 PM
I have never claimed for hours 'worked' beyond my hours!

Chatterbox Childcare
27-11-2009, 03:01 PM
You can carry a loss over but not the receipts and your aunts house would be the same.

e.g. if you have made £700 and have £300 in receipts your profit is £300 and nothing to carry over but if you had £1300 in receipts you would make a £600 loss and you could carry this over to the next year to right off against any potential profit. You can also do accruals and prepayments which can be moved from year to year (this would be anything you paid in this year for next and anything you have been paid for in this year for next)