PDA

View Full Version : Just seen my SEF! What a mess grrrrrrrrrr

wellybelly
27-11-2009, 10:17 AM
I thought I would leave it a few weeks after the SEF changed in October before I looked at it.

WHAT A MESS!!

They have moved bits around and left so much more for me to fill in. I thought it was meant to be simpler and shorter. I've got so much more to do now.

Damn you OFSTED :angry:

sarah707
27-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Yes they have changed everything around haven't they?

The new questions make it longer as well. :rolleyes:

Good luck! :D

Ripeberry
27-11-2009, 11:28 AM
What? It's not the same as the download we got last month? I've got the paper version at the moment, not even tried to log on :(

Tink
27-11-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm due my first inspection soon, when did you guys do your form for Ofsted? not looked at it yet, will it take me a while?

Sarahjlonguk
27-11-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm working through mine at the moment. Thank god for the (huge) guide I just brought from Sarah or I'd be soooooo lost.

:thumbsup:

Tink
27-11-2009, 12:35 PM
I'll have a look at the weekend see if i can get my head around it:panic:

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
27-11-2009, 02:57 PM
i went on mine last night and was really cross :angry: mine is a complete mess they have moved all mine around too. I could have creid when i looked at it- i feel like most of the 7 hours i have already spent have been wasted and even with the help of sarahs e-book am still confused! after 2 hours and not much done i turned off the computer!!

Im not very impressed with ofsted at the moment im due my inspection as have been registered since June and working since July i have had 2 phone calls to confirm my hours and then got told my inspectiopn has been deferred.

Ofsted said it was because they were really busy and not to worry. Spoke to my friend yesterday and she has been reigstered less time then me and working less time but she had a phone call from Ofsted wanting to come around next week! She lives 5 mins walk away from me so i dont see how Ofsted can be too busy to do mine but can do hers mad: makes no sense

wellybelly
28-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Mine took me every night for 3 weeks to do, and now I bet I have to spend another 3 weeks sorting it out. I'm really mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chatterbox Childcare
28-11-2009, 03:24 PM
I am not doing mine again, just the updates

Their mess, they can sort it.

tashaleee
29-11-2009, 01:34 PM
I havent dared to look at mine yet and I had my last inspection in September so think I might wait til the new year... sometime... :blush:

LouiseM2009
30-11-2009, 10:29 PM
i have been working on mine again tonight, its the first time iv been on for a while and have printed out sarahs updated version but its deffo harder now, it wasnt easy anyway but i think im about halfway through.

i had ofsted on the phone last week asking about if my son was now over 1 (i rang and asked them to update my certificate) if i had any kids on my books and if i had completed the childminding course(!?!).

does anybody have any sort of inclination on how soon they think ofsted might come knocking? and how much notice do they usually give for a first inspection?

Pauline
15-01-2010, 07:49 AM
Oh :eek: - I've just posted as to how easy it was :laughing:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=49782

Cammie Doodle
15-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Mmm :rolleyes: maybe I will leave it for a bit them lol