PDA

View Full Version : it really bugs me

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
27-11-2009, 08:27 AM
I have two children of my own who are 2 and 3, and when the minded children get dropped off or picked up my oldest like to talk to the parents. Silly things like what they are doing that day or if she has got a sticker on her chart.

Anyway i have one parent who listens to my daughter and interacts with her then i have another who just ignores her :mad: . She told him today where we are going about 5 times and evertime he ignored her and didnt even look at her :angry: in the end i said thats right we are going there today.

I really annoys me that they dont have the basic manners to talk to my daughter, because i can see it upsets her that shes being ignored and doesnt understand why.

Just needed to get that out of my system and wondered if anyone else feels the same

RainbowMum
27-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Its bad manners and rudeness on the part of the adult, I would be cross too - I tend to point out a child is wanting an answer if they're being ignored - e.g. N wants to tell you something - they have to look at them :rolleyes:

sarah707
27-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Over the years I have realised that many parents are not in the slightest bit interested in me or my children.

They do not comment on birthdays or hair cuts or any of the normal stuff.

All they are focussed on is getting to work via dropping off their child.

Luckily some parents are not like this... and it is those I do that little bit extra for :D

Ripeberry
27-11-2009, 11:26 AM
I'm lucky so far that my two sets of parents interact with my daughters all the time, even saying hello to my youngest first :) And another last night even tried to read my eldest's Xmas list and commented on her lovely handwritting.
Manners maketh the man or woman!

wendywu
27-11-2009, 11:52 AM
We are like one big happy family but we have all been together for years. One parent says his daughter is like a little clone of my 16 year old.

I think i must just be lucky :thumbsup:

terrydoo73
27-11-2009, 12:01 PM
I used to have a parent who did interact with my daughter but in the wrong way! She would not come to collect her child until well after 5.00 (1/2 hour/1 hour after supposed to) and my daughter would have been watching the tv. She would say things like "are you not doing your homework? I have a niece who does 2 hours every night just to ensure she gets the right results every day" I used to cringe at this.

Tink
27-11-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm really lucky all my parents love my daughter and always have time for her when they drop off and pick up and like Sarah said, you want to go that bit further just because they make an effort.

Next time he does that to your daughter, just say my daughter/son is trying to speak to you, see what he does then the rude man, how whould he feel if you had his child ready and waiting said nothing to him about what they had been doing, mardy bum!!!

caz3007
27-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Thats such a shame. All my parents interact with my son and we get invited to Halloween parties and such like at their houses too. Mind you those particular ones have been with us for a long time and I get on really well with their mum too. My son gets remembered at xmas and his birthday too.