PDA

View Full Version : nappy question...sorry

Blackhorse
26-11-2009, 09:05 PM
mindee was at GP yesterday and they think he is constipated.
mum gave him dulcolose yesterday and then again this morning. he had a big poo last night and then nothing all day today until about 5 ish.
BUT in the morning when mum handed him over he smelt very funny. (actually not funny but so much so that I had to gag changing his nappy and that has never happened to me before)
it was only pee but it had a very very strong nearly chemical like smell to it...it also was tons of it and it went all over his clothes as well making the smell worse...in all the time I had him he never had a nappy accident before..

I cleaned him up but my dd's clothes on him as mum never provides any....and all other nappies after that were fine again..

I told mum about the nappy and handed her over a sealed bag with his clothes...

My question now is: could this have been the medication he was taking? or could there be something wrong with him?
he didnt have a poo after his meds which is another reason why I am wondering whether he just peed them straight out again which might have caused the huge nappy...???

Daftbat
26-11-2009, 09:37 PM
It could be a side effect of the medication - its probably worth getting mum to phone and check with the gp. I am sure it will right itself soon -once his system has got back to normal.

Ripeberry
26-11-2009, 09:48 PM
My mindee sometimes has very strong smelling wee. I did ask mum what he had the day before and it always seems to be when he's had chili con-carne! He loves strong flavours, but boy does it stink :D

Desi-101
26-11-2009, 11:55 PM
I was probably the medication, my mum is on medication and she complains of same thing. But if mum is worried she should ask Gp for peace of mind. Remember what goes in must come out in some shape, smell or form :blush: