PDA

View Full Version : Tatia's weight loss saga

Tatia
04-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Ya know, I see these people (and I'm happy for them, I really am) who lose 10 stone and they look so wonderful and energetic and I think, gosh, I've only got about 2-3 stone to lose and I can't manage to even get past the half stone mark! They've done what I need to do 3 times over!

I know how to eat right, all the right foods. I have replaced white pasta, bread and rice with brown, use olive oil, drink water...blah blah. I know what to do. Problem is...doing it. Or at least, doing it for more than a day or 2.

And I just can't, can't give up Pepsi. Not just the cravings but I get a stinking headache if I don't have one in the mornings. Wah. I'm just making excuses and I know it.

My main changes have got to be controlling the Pepsi (stick to just one a day for now), start eating breakfast so I don't keep popping into bakery for a bacon roll and crisps every morning, upping my water intake, making sure to have fruit for breakfast and getting at least 5 a day and also, food journalling! I need that to keep myself honest.

I walk a ton already for school runs but I need to add in some other exercise. Might dig out Yoga Booty Ballet or Bellytwins DVDs. Also, as soon as this dumb play is over that I am in (2 weeks to go, thank gawd!), I am going to join that Ashtanga yoga class on a Wednesday night!

There ya go. Small canges, on the whole but I am hoping thatwith the added boost of going off the Depo that I can start to lose now.

wendywu
04-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Tatia do you not like diet pepsi? :) You could drink this all you want.

deeb66
04-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Tatia I am one of those people that need to loose a huge amount of weight and if I am honest for the last 10 years I have lost and found the same 6-7 stone and I am sick and tired of yo-yoing.

I really do wish that I only had a couple of stone to loose............amazing isn't it.....it just goes to prove we are never happy with what we are given in life ;)

I know what you mean about the pepsi/cokes though as I usually drink a couple a day and drink loads of coffee but with the diet I am on I can't drink fizzy drinks at all and can only have black coffee which I am not a lover of........think I will have to drink a mug of coffee though as got an awful headache and got the shakes!

I think that you should do well by cutting down and uping the exercise as I found this worked for me before.

A few years ago I did Slimming World and used to walk the streets listening to my Ipod when the kids had left...........I lost 7 stone in 18 months.

Needless to say that 7 stone found me again :panic:

angeldelight
04-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Well you are both going to do it this time - me too

It is soooo hard though

I know how you both feel and Im fed up

Angel xx

Twinkles
04-03-2008, 07:15 PM
I find it hard to stay on a diet for more than a day or two. I drink diet coke as I get fed up with water. I've been on my diet since Friday and I now need some chocolate:panic: the only thing that's stopping me is going to the mirror and looking at my jelly belly - yuck!

katiec
04-03-2008, 07:33 PM
sorry Iam 1 of the horrid ones who has lost the weight and have stayed the same since I do slimming world and lost 5 stone in 12 months and have stayed at my target weight for the last 7 months I still go to the meetings every other week as i find it helps and if I find myself slipping off the healthy eating I keep a daily food dairy it helps me.
I know what you mean about the pepsi im the same with diet coke im addicted at the moment i have reduced the amout i drink but i am still drinking 2 litres a day !!!!! i just make a point of drinking a least the same in water each day
Stick with the healthy eating (i hate the word DIET) it is an uphill battle but it can be done
GOOD LUCK
KATIE X:) :thumbsup: :)

Tatia
04-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Wendy, I really wish I could learn to like diet soda but I jst can't be getting on with sweeteners. I've really tried!

Deeb, if I showed you pictures of me before I got pregnant a few years ago, you'd want to smack me when I told you I felt fat. I'm embarrassed about it now but I've always had a poor self image and have always struggled with bulimia since I was a teen. I look at this one particular picture and think oh my gawd, I looked so good, how could I have seen it any other way? :rolleyes:

My trouble isn't chocolate or sweeties, Twinkle. I've never had much of a sweet tooth. My toruble is fizzy drinks, crisps, chips, this new little slice of heaven I've just discovered over here called "potato surprise" (oh wow, better than sex sometimes!) and big portions of dinner usually with some gorgeous cream sauce (I'm a bit of a country cook and love big dinners). We all have our trigg though and while I can't say I get the chocolate craving, I sure know what it's like to try and avoid temptation!

Angel, I'd be happy if y'all wanted to work along with me towards reclaiming our bodies. Yeah it's hard but damn, you gals are pretty righteous, I must say. :cool:

Tatia
04-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks Katie. I think Slimming World is awesome, just don't have a free night at the mo. Will definitely go back when I do.

Congrats on your amazing weight loss and for maintaining! That's brilliant!:clapping:

Annie_T
04-03-2008, 08:23 PM
first off i point out people that replace normal sugar for sweetners find it harder to lose weight. just thought let you know as not many people knew this.

also if your on a diet for long period of time it will effect your ego etc... and some find it hard losing weight after a while as your body needs use more fat so you lose weight try changing it for a while then going bk to your normal diet.

im meant to be on a diet ..well eat healthier drink moe etc.. as i was starting to feel my body was gross (yet im a 10 waist and weighed 10stone) this is a ot to me as ive only ever been at 9stone max (aprt from being pregnant)

way i work it is i have your 4 meals a day

hun i know your finding it hard i am not sticking to mine to well either.

my food plan for day
8-9 am breakfast
11-12 snack/lunch
2/3 snack
5/6/7 dinner

do you eat weight watchers items? go aheads etc? i find them good, as low in fat and calories.

i wish i could help you out but i cant soryy xx

ok i shut up now lol

Blaze
04-03-2008, 11:23 PM
I lost 81/2 stone after my first dd (mostly with ww). Gained a lot of it back when pregnant with ds:rolleyes: . Finally got in the frame of mind to get back in my size 10's & found out I'm pregnent...so guess I'm gonna be a hefalump for a while to come :rolleyes: LOL!
Tasha:)

Annie_T
05-03-2008, 09:20 AM
I lost 81/2 stone after my first dd (mostly with ww). Gained a lot of it back when pregnant with ds:rolleyes: . Finally got in the frame of mind to get back in my size 10's & found out I'm pregnent...so guess I'm gonna be a hefalump for a while to come :rolleyes: LOL!

wwoohhoo well done hun xx

Blaze
05-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Thank you!

LittleAcorns
08-03-2008, 08:59 AM
added boost of going off the Depo that I can start to lose now.

Do you have the Depo injection, sorry is that what you mean?

Tatia
11-03-2008, 10:56 AM
I did have the Depo jab but stopped having it in January and have since had the Mirena coil fitted instead.

I feel like I've turned a corner. You know how you want to lose weight? Even realize that you have to lose it for your health but still can't manage to do it? You just have to be in the right frame of mind and finally just say hey, I'm doing this now. That's where I'm at. Feeling very strong and motivated.

And have lost 2 pounds so down to 172. YEAH ME!

deeb66
11-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Well done Tatia :thumbsup:

Twinkles
11-03-2008, 02:44 PM
I did have the Depo jab but stopped having it in January and have since had the Mirena coil fitted instead.

I feel like I've turned a corner. You know how you want to lose weight? Even realize that you have to lose it for your health but still can't manage to do it? You just have to be in the right frame of mind and finally just say hey, I'm doing this now. That's where I'm at. Feeling very strong and motivated.

And have lost 2 pounds so down to 172. YEAH ME!

Good for you , keep it up.

Tatia
16-03-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm going back to Slimming World on Tuesday night. A new class opened up much closer to me plus I have my evenings free again - YEAH! I need some accountability and there's nothing like being named and shamed in class for keeping you honest!:eek:

Problem is, the way my brain works is this - "okay, so I'm going back to SW on Tuesday which means that I might as well take advantage and pig out while I can because it'll all be over come Wednesday morning".:rolleyes:

I am definitely dragging out my yoga mat and Yoga Booty Ballet tomorrow, though.

Banana
16-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Good luck with slimming world Tatia

xxx

deeb66
17-03-2008, 08:06 AM
Good luck Tatia

I used to enjoy going to classes as it was an opportunity to meet up with some others in the same situation as me.

Tatia
17-03-2008, 08:15 AM
My husband has been complaining he has gained weight since packing up smoking 6 or 7 months ago. He was having trouble doing up his jeans over the week end and this morning went to put on his suit, fresh from the dry cleaners and claimed they had shrunk it!:laughing: So anyway, he reckons he'll do SW along with me, if I show him how cos he doesn't want to go to classes. :clapping:

Tatia
19-03-2008, 09:53 AM
So my friend and I show up for new Slimming World class last night, very eager to make a start and get told it doesn't start til next week!:( I guess at least I don;t have to SYN my easter eggs!

Banana
19-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Well that is one benfit Tatia!

Just make the most of all your chocolate now!!

x

Tatia
26-03-2008, 08:02 AM
Oh wow. Joined new Slimming World class last night. What a shocker! I weigh so much more than I realized! I usually weight myself in the mornings, stark nekkid, before a bite of food, after the toilet. So I expected a difference last night at the end of the day and fully clothed. I did not expect such a HUUUUGE difference, mostly because I pigged out this last week and knew I had gained thugh I hadn't been on the scale.

So let me tell ya, I am totally motivated. And my husband has asked me to plan his diet as he has gained a stone since giving up smoking.

I'm sticking to SW faithfully, which means going cold turkey off Pepsi starting today. I'm worried cos I get blsitering headaches from caffeine and sugar withdrawal so I need to pick up Tetley extra-strong tea bags to try and compensate.

Wish me luck!!!

deeb66
26-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Well done for going Tatia.

I think it is always a shock when you stand on someone else's scales!

I know what you mean about caffeine withdrawal as I was suffering from this when I started as I am not allowed to drink any fizzy drinks at all and no milk.

Even though I used to drink diet coke etc I am still not allowed it and not a lover of black coffee but I make sure that I drink a couple cups a day as I felt absolutely terrible when I cut everything out together.

Good luck on your SW journey......I am sure you will do fab!

charleyfarley
26-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Well done Tatia for going to the meeting

I started my healthy eating AGAIN yesterday for the 4th time since January!

Aim to stick to it this time too even went on the treadmill and did sit ups so I must mean business.

Carol xx

angeldelight
26-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Well done

Good luck also Carol im sure you can do it

Angel xx

LittleAcorns
26-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Oh Tatia, well done for taking the step, have you done SW before? thats what Im doing xx

Tatia
26-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Yes, I've done it before and lost a stone. It's really a fatastic eating plan cos you can never run out of food! There's always something free to eat. I just got complacent and thought I could do it on my own at home. Obviously, I can't! I need the motivation that image therapy offers and it's good to have the support and encouragement of everyone else at group. And the magazine is an absolute godsend, too. It's so inspiring. I was reading it last night, after the meeting and telling myself that one day, I was going to be in it with my success story, hehe.

Having a green day today. Did up my fave fried potato, chopped onion, egg and cheese casserole thingy. Dunno, I just nuke a potato then slice it up, fry it gently with onion, dump it in a bowl, add 1 scrambled egg and 28 grams of shredded cheese. That's all free on a Green day except the cheese, which is a healthy extra B but it tastes like it should be loaded with Syns. so my carb craving has bene satisfied.

Starting to get a headache and jonesing for a fizzy drink so have been drinking copious amounts of water and am getting ready to have an extra strong tea. Hope it goes away!

I feel in the mood for Yoga Booty Ballet but I have a 9 year old mindee here today and don't fancy putting on a comedy act for him at the moment!:D

Tatia
27-03-2008, 07:54 AM
Go me! I didn't have any Pepsi at all yesterday. I had a blistering headache but I made it through the day fizzy-free. I'm feeling very strong and motivated to stay on track this time around.

Just have to get through my anniversary dinner tonight with minimal damage. Italiain restaraunt so I guess I'm having a green day again for the pasta, hehe.

Any well wishes, prayers and positive energy y'all want to throw my way would be appreciated! :D

deeb66
27-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Well done Tatia

You can do it!

Happy anniversary.

Hope you have a good meal this evening and enjoy your pasta!

Tatia
31-03-2008, 08:13 AM
So didn't exactly stick to SW for a few days over the week end as we had company but didn't go off the rails, either. I'm trying to keep myself off the scales so my weigh-in on Tuesday will be a surprise. A good surprise, I'm hoping. I have been pretty good and I have given up Pepsi so that in itself should make a big difference.

deeb66
31-03-2008, 09:29 AM
Well done tatia

I know that it is really hard over the weekend especially if you have got people over.

Good luck for Tuesday....hopefully you will receive a good result!

Minnie Minx
31-03-2008, 10:20 AM
well done hun, giving up pepsi is so hard, i know i used to drink over 3 litres of it a day and gave it up on 1st jan this year. The good news is you do get over the cravings and headaches :D

xxx

Rubybubbles
31-03-2008, 02:54 PM
well done hun, giving up pepsi is so hard, i know i used to drink over 3 litres of it a day and gave it up on 1st jan this year. The good news is you do get over the cravings and headaches :D

xxx

OMG 3 litres a day! well done you giving it up

Sending you good vibes tatia

Alibali
31-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Well done for going Tatia.

I think it is always a shock when you stand on someone else's scales!

I know what you mean about caffeine withdrawal as I was suffering from this when I started as I am not allowed to drink any fizzy drinks at all and no milk.

Even though I used to drink diet coke etc I am still not allowed it and not a lover of black coffee but I make sure that I drink a couple cups a day as I felt absolutely terrible when I cut everything out together.

Good luck on your SW journey......I am sure you will do fab!

I woke yesterday morning with one of those headaches, but I was straight out, having breakfast out, and had no time for coffee, so had diet coke for breakfast!!! How awful, my kids would be shocked.

Ali :)

Tatia
01-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Tonight is weigh-in so we shall see. I don't feel as bloated but I don't feel especially lighter, either. Fingers crossed!:o

angeldelight
01-04-2008, 07:46 AM
Good luck later

Angel xx

crazybones
01-04-2008, 07:47 AM
Best of luck tonight Tatia. I am sure the Pepsi will have made a difference.:thumbsup:

deeb66
01-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Best of luck.

I am sure you will see a good weight loss!