PDA

View Full Version : hours??

mushpea
26-11-2009, 01:35 PM
hi have just had a parent come to me wanting mondays and fridays but the hours will be different each week and sometimes she wont need me on one or both of the days, she is going to give me a months notice each time of the days and hours she needs and is going to pay just for those hours that month wether he comes or not but what do i put on the contract, i cant put set hours in the times bit as they are not set hours so how do i word all of this on the contract please

Minstrel
26-11-2009, 01:41 PM
I would out in the contract all the hours that you are holding open for the child and mum is paying for.

Ie if one shift is 10 till 12 and the other is 12 till 2pm I personally would put 10 till 2. This way its clear that those hours are set aside for that child and must be paid for .

Alternatievly in additional notes section you can have shift A and shift B

mushpea
26-11-2009, 01:43 PM
A good idea thanks minstrel but they are not set shift patterns and have told her that she will only be paying for the hours she books that month so if she books different hours each month she pays for the diffrerent hours not a set amount of hours and she had such a variation in her hours.

Daftbat
26-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Just put the days available if she used them all e.g Mon & Friday 8am - 12 and 3pm - 7pm etc. So long as what she actually uses comes within those days and times you are fine. I would set a minimum payment each week though since you are keeping those hours open for her and could lose out on earnings elsewhere.

Minstrel
26-11-2009, 01:47 PM
How old are the children? Are you holding open a full time space on these days because you wont know what hours?
Be careful you not getting done over here.

In your case i think i would just put the amount of hours they have to pay for each month and how much you charge if they go over that amount.

Do you use NCMA contracts? If so i would put on the fees section a monthly fee and not the hourly fee bit, then its clear that this amount has to be paid whether they use it all or not.

youarewhatyoueat
26-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Have you already agreed to do this, I would have a rethink as you're not going to be able to fill the spaces you are holding for her, you should try to agree a minimum fee per week regardless of whether she uses it or not.
If she is paying for what she is using she is going to try to keep it to the bare minimum and youre going to be out of pocket.

mushpea
27-11-2009, 06:48 AM
Have you already agreed to do this, I would have a rethink as you're not going to be able to fill the spaces you are holding for her, you should try to agree a minimum fee per week regardless of whether she uses it or not.
If she is paying for what she is using she is going to try to keep it to the bare minimum and youre going to be out of pocket.

yes i have agreed to do this and i understand what you are saying about the hours but to be honest i wasnt looking to fill this space anyway as although i am not full i am as full as i want to be and this would just be bonus money, the notice period for the contract is only 2 weeks so if somthing better came along its not too long to wait although i am not that bothered as she is actutaly filling the last space on the last 2 days i have, oh so i will be full then if she come , gosh hadnt thought of that:eek:

miffy
27-11-2009, 07:33 AM
Sounds like you are being very flexible for this parent but I'd also think about how you would feel if any of your other mindees left - would you still be able to offer this parent such a generous deal? Or what if your other parents found out that this person is only paying for what she uses and can pick and choose when that is.

Miffy xx

The Juggler
27-11-2009, 08:07 AM
do her hours even out over a month or year. I imagine they do for the purpose of her pay. Maybe you could ask does she work x number of hours per month. I would then annualise her hours (x12) and work out a monthly payment. Then I would write in the contract

x hours per month worked flexibly between the hours of x and x over 5 days per week.

I would state between the hours specifically so you don't later have to deal with requests for very early or very late hours. If she wants these, and you agree, you can then charge your unsocial hours rate.

tashaleee
27-11-2009, 08:20 PM
I would either charge for a minimum amount of hours each day that the parent agrees to pay regardless of if you have their child or not OR I would charge a higher rate to take into account my flexibility for the parent. I think having a 2 week notice period is a good idea so if something else comes along in time you are not 'stuck' within this contract for too long.