View Full Version : Registration Requirement for Childcaring in private rented office space.

26-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Good Morning all,

I introduced myself yesterday mentioning I hope to establish childcaring in office space I hope to rent instead of my home. However, I believe username - Dobby mentioned that different Registartion is required.

Just seeing if anyone else can shed light on it?


26-11-2009, 01:02 PM
That would probably come under a private day nursery which is - as you say- very different to CMing

26-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi there and welcome (must have missed your hello post, sorry).

I think yes you will find that as you are not minding from domestic premises ie your own home it will not be classed as childminding and it will be different registraion.
Your best bet is to give Ofsted a call and discuss with them 08456 40 40 40

26-11-2009, 01:05 PM
As I understand it this would be Childcare on Non-Domestic Premises.

Try looking on the Ofsted website for that. I haven't looked at this properly, but it might give you the info you need


26-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Seems that it doesn't matter random, the classification from Day-carer has been changed to childcarer and whether its domestic or non-domestic doesn't seem to mattter.

I want to ensure a parent can come down, thinking its designed for children in the first instance not changed to safeguard children.

Cheers Mouse.