PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

Katiepe
25-11-2009, 09:47 PM
I have just registered as a childminder. I have printed some leaflets which I have put up in the local library, newsagents, local primary schools notice board and childrens play centre. I have had a couple of enquiries but have no customers yet!
Any suggestions where I can advertise and how I can make my childminding service known??? Help please!

miffy
26-11-2009, 07:37 AM
I'd also try the local health centre, any large employers in your area, playgroups etc.

Some people have had success doing a leaflet drop door to door so that might be worth a try if there are any large housing estates in the area.

Make sure your details are on *************.

There are other threads on the forum about advertising if you do a search, they may give you some more ideas.

Good luck

Miffy xx

sarah707
26-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Don't forget to put an ad in your local area of the country on the forum!

Parents do browse our boards.

Here's the link...

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41

Good luck! :D

youarewhatyoueat
26-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Get your face known at parent and toddler groups, if you have your own young children try going to different ones, if you haven't got young ones anymore could you tag along with friends. Also go to any childrens centres within 10/15 miles of you they have various groups and the helpers are more likely to recommend you if they have met you. Find out about any childminding groups and go along as others often pass on work if they can't do it themselves.good luck

jaja
26-11-2009, 10:54 AM
how about advertise on clothing or bags (vistaprint do these and they are great) or advertise on you car? i have big sign on either side of my car for people to see, website and on childcare.co.uk

good luck, it can take a while to build up children, maybe a few months but it will come xxx

Bitsy Beans
26-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Find out if your local CM's have a toddler group and head along there. Sometimes work comes via other CM's (although good luck going - my local CM's are sooooooooo cliquey it's untrue :( )