PDA

View Full Version : help

haribo
25-11-2009, 01:50 PM
tell me im doing the right thing. got an after schooler whos parents take the absolute biscuit . i do 3 afternoons for them dad is mainly at home , they have been told i need to know at start of the week when they need me , i am very flexible and do any days but need to know where i am ie told at start of week what im doing . not heard from them so far this week :angry: so ive seetled in to do paperwork :littleangel: phone just rang and im sure its dad he will be asking me to pick up from school today .i usually just say yes ok but i didt answer this time as i really dont want to stop what im doing and go out in the rain. theres no reason they cant ring at the start of the week , they just take me so much for granted i feel this is the only way they will get the message that i cant drop everything and run out to school. i would in an emergency but this is every week !! would anyone else ignore the phone too ? ive checked mobile for messages and theres no message so cant be that urgent :panic:

Blackhorse
25-11-2009, 01:52 PM
I think I might be inclined to ignore the phone too...

You told them you are only available if they tell you in advance.

If they dont listen to you at all I am afraid they will have to learn the hard way.

Tink
25-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Bless you. I wouldn't want to do it either. Tell them you need to know Monday or Friday for the following week, otherwise you can't do it, some people are really annoying. They just think they can phone us and we'll jump, ha don't think so.

haribo
25-11-2009, 05:09 PM
thanks -made me feel bit better .. well waited till nearly 3 then sent text saying did you try and get hold of me ?? he text back and said yes but its ok im going to school now cos im working at home :rolleyes: think he may have got the message , not going be running out at a moments notice anymore -even if i am doing dreaded paperwork its hard enough getting started as it is lol :panic:

breezy
25-11-2009, 06:01 PM
hope they get the message, i would ignore phone too!!!!!!!!!

Lady Haha
25-11-2009, 06:09 PM
I would have done exactly the same thing! Well done for ignoring the phone!

nannymcflea
25-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Do you think he was thinking "I don't want to go out in the rain" too?:rolleyes:

I'd have to have it booked or charge for 3 days whether they use them or not. I couldn't stand not knowing or being messed around.

haribo
25-11-2009, 08:54 PM
glad you all agree :thumbsup: - nannymcflea i do get paid for 3 days :thumbsup: and am really flexible as the school is 3 mins walk away - but still its a pain wen i get a call out of the blue like an hour before i need to be at school :angry: especially when i finally get down to paperwork or if im shopping lol -he just cant remember to phone me at the start of the week :rolleyes:

SandCastles
25-11-2009, 09:28 PM
I would have ignored the phone too, when you get ready to do your paperwork, you don't need any distractions.

Louise_Oaktree
26-11-2009, 01:01 PM
I have a parent like this but she also only pays me when she is going to need me again :angry: I am owed £50 from beginning Nov and haven't had the child since and she was off work sick and then starts a new job next week. She has a partner who picks up and also a friend, then relies on other Mums at School and only uses me if no one else :mad:

I told her last week that from Jan I am not going to be picking up from that School so if she needs me she will need to give me plenty of notice so I can make arrangements to be at school on time. Have a feeling I won't be seeing my money anytime soon :(

It did get better when I couldn't do it one day and she rang me at 2.30pm but I was off work sick that day - sometimes it's the only way they they seem to learn.