PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to???????

LisaMcNally09
25-11-2009, 08:06 AM
At the moment i have a mindee that I pick up and drop off...i dont drive so its a ten minute walk there and back.

Now im full its not working out very well to pick up and drop pff this mindee so my question is do i need to give 4 weeks notice not to pick up and collect any more and is it the right thing to do??

I think if i say the mindee needs picking up and dropping off at my house then mum will hand notice in to me herself as she doesnt really need a childminder...its just for a break for her. That doesnt worry me really i just need to know what all you lovely ladies think. It really restricts my day as its not even a full time mindee....i pick up at 09:45am and drop pff at 14:45pm.

Thanks

Lisa

wendywu
25-11-2009, 08:14 AM
If it is in the contract then i think you need to give 4 weeks notice. But if it is not then i would assume it is up to you. :)

Chatterbox Childcare
25-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Can mum not bring to you? If it is school hours could she not meet you at the school?

LisaMcNally09
25-11-2009, 08:39 AM
The school i go to isnt the one mindee will go to when he's old enough...its at the other side of town from her house.

Im not going to give notice on mindee...mum can bring him to me I just cant pick him up drop him off anymore as its completely out of the way.

I just dont think she will...i think she will give notice but thats her decision.

It isnt written into contract that i must pick up drop off. I just feel abit mean but it is affecting my other mindees and eating into their time with me when they have to walk 20mins at a time twice a day aswell as the school runs IYSWIM

chels55
25-11-2009, 08:45 AM
I wouldnt want to have to walk there and back in this weather either, just say to mum that she will have to drop and collect him now that your busier and if she wants to terminate contract maybe you could both come to a decision on weather u need the four weeks notice or not

LisaMcNally09
25-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Right i have drafted a letter but can someone please have a look and see if it sounds ok?

Dear xxx,

Due to a change in the circumstances of my childminding business I have to give you two weeks notice to stop offering the pick up and drop off of xxxx.
As it is not a condition of the contract that I collect or drop off it is a goodwill gesture that I can continue doing this for 2 weeks. Any other changes would have 4 weeks notice as per our contract.
The commencement of xxxx being brought to my house and collected from there is Wednesday 9th December.

The Juggler
25-11-2009, 09:24 AM
I would first just have a chat, say can she collect x day so you can have a chat and a cuppa. just explain the situation and tell her what it means for lo's and the time you have for activities. explain though you could offer this then, as it's not in the contract you feel you have to revert to drop off at your house to ensure all the little ones have the best out of their time with your rather than lots of walks to pick up etc.

Sure she will be fine.:)

Louise_Oaktree
25-11-2009, 10:18 AM
This is a tough situation. I got myself into something similar with a mindee when his parent lost driving license. I was happy to do it and charged extra but then when a new mindee came along who was just a few months old his parents weren't happy about the amount of time he was spending in the car and it wasn't feasible to get baby out of car at mindees house as live on a busy road. I just explained to parents how the circumstances had changed and they were great about it. I did give 2 weeks notice and after that when they had to bring him he came at all different times which messed my days up really - I was happier picking up knowing what time I would get him etc so I could plan my day better.

Do what is right for you and your majority of mindees.

Jelly Baby
25-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Hi i have a similar thing going on with one of mine. I collect as easier for me as collect on way back from school and in the holidays she drops to me as im at home..but recently she has started asking me to drop home each day..i ahve left her a note in her diary today saying unless there is a reason for it (like her working, or car prob etc) then i have to say no..my petrol alone this week has been over £80 (not just her!) as back and forth all the time and its getting silly! I dont mind doing favours but getting lo in the car faffing about for a 5 min drive is a real pain when i know she is out and about anyway!!
Sorry ramble there.
the letter is ok but i would speak to her first (i did with mine but nothing!)..is it 2 weeks on your contract you have notice wise i noticed?

youarewhatyoueat
25-11-2009, 01:33 PM
I agree with the others, have a word with her and just explain that you can't pick up/drop off anymore, if I was a parent of the other children I would think it a bit odd anyway.

Blackhorse
25-11-2009, 01:44 PM
I would not do the letter I would just have a chat with mum and explain why you cannot be doing it anymore.

You are more than generous to still offer to do it for 2 weeks anyways..

Chimps Childminding
25-11-2009, 06:40 PM
I would also try and talk to her about it rather than just sending a letter (even if you send a confirmation letter after).

I would just explain that at this time of year with the weather as it has been lately it just isn't fair on the other mindees to be taken out twice a day (in addition to school runs etc) to pick up and drop off a mindee, but that you are quite willing to carry on having the child if they could be dropped off and picked up from yours.
Good luck :thumbsup: