PDA

View Full Version : AuKids - Positive Parenting for kids with Autism Spectrum Conditions

Pauline
24-11-2009, 09:00 PM
I've just been chatting with Debby one of the creators of the magazine "AuKids" - Positive Parenting for kids with Autism Spectrum Conditions, I thought it might be of interest to some of you, either as parents or childminders. :)

AuKids is a joint venture between parent and journalist Debby Elley, whose twin sons have autism, and speech and language therapist Tori Houghton.
Debby worked on local radio and in newspapers before starting a freelance career as a writer. She was eager to help Tori make her dream of a magazine into a reality after experiencing a steep learning curve when her sons were diagnosed with autism in 2006. "I'm hoping that AuKids will be a short-cut for parents who want to get the best neutral advice quickly," she says.

More here:

http://www.aukids.co.uk

sarah707
24-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Thank you Pauline, I know a few people who will be very interested in that site...

The back issues of the magazines are great for background information as well :D

breezy
25-11-2009, 06:15 PM
thanks boss x

The Juggler
26-11-2009, 01:16 PM
thanks Pauline. I've just sent this to a friend of mine whose daughter has aspergers.

Nikkix