PDA

View Full Version : Could someone check this over before i put it on my newsletter

lissy
24-11-2009, 06:21 PM
I am putting in a section on my newsletter about swine flu and illness as all mindees have been /are sick at the moment and swine flu is doing the rounds at our school. Would appreciate any comments or additions to this please and if you think its ok. Im not the best with wording stuff and never sure if im going to annoy someone.

Swine flu seems to be doing the rounds at the moment in local schools and are area. Please be vigilent and if your child is showing any of the symptoms please contact your doctor or NHS direct and get some advice. If your child shows signs of swine flu or has a temperature whilst in my setting I will contact you to collect them. I am ensuring the children wash their hands frequently and use hand gel where washing not possible and encouraging them to catch it, kill it, bin it!
With regards to general illness, as a general rule, if your child is needing calpol or is unable to join in with normal daily activities then please do not send them in. I often have several children in my care at any one time and if a child is feeling unwell and cant join in or needs one on one attention then it is unfair on the other children and can be upsetting for the child.

sarah707
24-11-2009, 06:25 PM
I've just written about this for my newsletter.

I've also reminded them about the 48 hour rule for d & s and said what will happen if I am ill and have to close.

hth :D

lissy
24-11-2009, 06:29 PM
thanks sarah, do you think what i have put is ok and makes sense??

sarah707
24-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Yes... except I wouldn't have 2 'general's in one sentence but that's me being picky :o :D

huggableshelly
24-11-2009, 07:17 PM
With regards to general illness, as a general rule, ......

With regards to general illness, as stated in my policies ......