PDA

View Full Version : how do you wait when parents want to get back to you

newandlearning
24-11-2009, 04:21 PM
hi.. I had a lovely lady visit me a few days ago .. everyone got on very well and then she said she was also gonna go visit one of my childminding friends .. who has more toys, bigger garden etc... and wonder if I can compete ... in my heart I think I am who I am. But I really would love to take on this lil one and have not yet heard back from mum...

do you find parents tend to sign on line straightaway?
what's your feelings on waiting for parents to get back to you?
how do you feel when a friend minder gets chosen over you?

what's your take on people saying your place is lovely but then
taking someone elses place?

do you think having a good sales patter helps.. and if so what is yours?:)

I just wanna feel like its ok for her to chose my friend and of course great if she choses me...:o

Blackhorse
24-11-2009, 04:38 PM
well I had lots of people come round before and they said they liked it and the LO seems happy and then they never phoned back...others liked it and phoned back and signed..

none of them signed straight away though..so there was always waiting involved...

I never know where else they go as I dont have much contact with other minders in the area...

it used to bug me no end when they never phoned back after saying all was good...but now I dont mind anymore..I am nearly full so not desperate for someone to come and use my service at the moment...

but thinking of it from there side...they go to see different people and they can only choose 1....so there will be always someone they have to turn down even if they liked some aspects of their service...

I am not sure if they have a good sales pattern...probably ...but ultimately I think it comes down to how the parent thinks about YOU, if they felt comfortable in your house.....or if there was something they completely disliked..(and that I think could be a silly little thing...)

Hope you hear soon!

Straws
24-11-2009, 04:44 PM
I don't mind when they choose another childminder, I don't chase parents either, I think you get used to people not getting back to you. And I always talk rubbish when they come and cringe at myself when they leave LOL

Strawsxx

huggableshelly
24-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Parents need time to make a huge decision on who to place thier little angels with. I dp not wait around, I tell parents how many spaces I have and request that they let me know within the next 2 wks if they wish to use the place. This way it doesnt matter if they do not call back.

I wouldnt compare your service to your friends, everyone does things differently and uses homes to the best they can remembering you have to live there too. Besides its quality not quantity, you can so so much with junk/recycling items and it doesnt matter if they get damaged.

it has never bothered me if a friend has gained a child instead of me ... it just pleases me to know that the parents have found someone they are happy with. I never question myself as to why they may not have chosen me, some parents naturally click with a CM others do not, and if that click is there it really makes a big difference.

Sales pitch ..... well i do not have one to be honest, I am who I am with no frills. Openess and honesty always seems to work without trying to be someon I am not. At the end of the day the parent will be seeing me (or not) on a daily basis so if they see who i am during interviews they will not gain a shock once the child is settled.

Chin up and good luck xxx

huggableshelly
24-11-2009, 04:49 PM
I don't mind when they choose another childminder, I don't chase parents either, I think you get used to people not getting back to you. And I always talk rubbish when they come and cringe at myself when they leave LOL

Strawsxx

I talk rubbish too lol it helps to show the parents how scatty i really am!