PDA

View Full Version : I have copy cats...

Blackhorse
24-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Mindee A is 6 yrs old and a boy
Mindee B is 8 yrs old and a girl

Mindee A copies everything (nearly) that mindee B is doing down to the language/slang she is using.
even mindee A's parents have noticed it
A has this need to be liked by everyone and is very sensitive.
when mindee B tells him not to copy her he starts to cry and denies he is copying her...says he just had the same idea...:panic:

it is very obvious he will copy her...what she says, does...if she says her favourite colour is pink so will be his...if she wants orange juice so does he...
he will also wait for her to answer first if I give them a choice of something and then choose the same. or change his choice to match hers.

how do you deal with this? do you ignore it and hope it goes away? but it is also bothering B at times...and it is very very obvious what he is doing

neither of them are getting preferntial treatment or anything like that...

any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

ORKSIE
24-11-2009, 02:29 PM
I have 2, 6 year olds after school...Both Boys. One copies the other continuously, which winds the other up no end.
I also find it very annoying.
I do ask J sometimes to try to come up with his own ideas if R is getting upset.
Its a difficult one and very common!

Good Luck:thumbsup:

sarah707
24-11-2009, 06:15 PM
I find it worse when younger siblings copy older ones...

Especially if they are too young to cope with what they are wanting to copy.

Tell the one who is being copied that it's a kind of admiration thing :D

huggableshelly
24-11-2009, 06:54 PM
stick them both in a closet and turn off the light oh and wear earplugs too

mushpea
24-11-2009, 07:18 PM
I have a 6yrold mindee who has to copy the others aswell even down to the baby's babbel!!!
in the summer i was packing for a pinic, i asked my daughter what she would like in her sandwichs and she said jam, mindee copied and said jam too, when it came to eating lunch he looked at his sandwich and said whats this? i said jam, he burst in to tears and said 'but i dont like jam' so i said but thats what you said you wanted , he then looked sheepish at which point i said 'well thats what you get for copying other people!' and yes he had to eat one of his sandwichs before he got anything else, and no this did not stop him copying as he sitll does it much to my sons anoyance:angry:
I tell him he needs to think of his own things to say and to stop coypying but it hasnt worked so far.:rolleyes: