PDA

View Full Version : Right, we've done trampolines what about other garden play equipment?

Ripeberry
24-11-2009, 12:03 PM
What do we do about our other equipment? Make sure they are all concreted in? I know we have to do risk assesments. What about non-standard equipment suck as a large tree branch that kids play on?
Is that not allowed or just do the RA? I've also adapted the top off an old swing to be used as 'climbing frame' Is that not allowed either?
Might as well get rid of all equipment in the garden and just use balls and the wendy house :D

huggableshelly
24-11-2009, 12:13 PM
risk assess

if you feel it is safe and you check it weekly/monthly for any deteriation then its fine (my opinion anyway)

and yes any large equipment must be secured ...

my swing area is cemented in according to manuactureres requirments

my large slide has pegs .. like the tent pegs that are push into the ground to ensure it doesnt move anywhere.

I also have playground safety matting down with an apparent bounce/fall height of 6 foot though I've not tested it out LOL.

my slide it out of action in high winds, swings are out of action for under 3's but the swing boat is in constant use at all times for all ages with supervission

so yep risk assess, make changes if needed, buy safetyu matting if needed (homebase sell cheaper ones).