PDA

View Full Version : 'Family Information Service' - UPDATE

angeldelight
24-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Most of you are aware that the childcare link closed at the end of September

There has been only very limited information about childcare providers all over the country due to this

But its all going to change in the next month or so the new system will soon be ready and not just limited :clapping:

The information that you give is going to differ from the information that appeared on the ************* ( I know most know about this but just incase you do not .....)

There are going to be three main differences

First is that full postal addresses will appear on the internet - but you can choose for your full address details not be be displayed
However your provision will still be found by parents by your name and telephone number

The second is that childminders will no longer be able to opt to have the Family Information Service telephone number displayed on the internet - it must be your own home or mobile number so parents can contact you direct

The third difference is that in agreeing to allow your permission to be uploaded on the internet you will be giving the Department of Children , Schools and Families (DCSF) permission to provide your details to other organisations authories by DCSF.

People looking for childcare can find information accessed at
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Childcare/DG_066832
http://childcarefinder.direct.gov.uk/childcarefinder/
and will also be available from your local council websites

So you can request that your address is not uploaded there is no option for partial address ie just your postcode
Your telephone number will be uploaded to the internet though

Of course if you want no information on the internet you can still just agree to the Family Information Service just providing information for you when people enquire this would be verbally by them on the phone or by sending parents details through the post

If you give your consent to none of the above then your information will not be on the site
You should get a form to fill in shortly if not then contact them

Most of the information is going on at the end of the month so hopefully all the problems everyone has been having will soon be sorted out

Hope that helps

Angel xxxx

balloon
24-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks Angel, just out of interest do you know how we tell them we do not want our full addresses on the web? Personally I cannot think of anything more silly in view of data stealing etc, not to mention protecting the children, and don't want mine on there...

Ripeberry
24-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Still not working for my area. It can't find ANYTHING, not even a primary school :rolleyes:

angeldelight
24-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Thanks Angel, just out of interest do you know how we tell them we do not want our full addresses on the web? Personally I cannot think of anything more silly in view of data stealing etc, not to mention protecting the children, and don't want mine on there...

Yes they send you a form / consent form

You then have to tick some boxes saying which you require then you send it back off to them

I dont think many will be putting their address though

If you dont hear from them in the next week or so its best to contact them and tell them that you want your details put on the new site

You do have to give your permission either on the form or by phone for your details to go on the internet

Angel xx

angeldelight
24-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Still not working for my area. It can't find ANYTHING, not even a primary school :rolleyes:

That is because it is not ready yet - well not fully

Give it at least a month they have not even got everyones details yet - they have to have permission from who ever wants their details on their site

So keep checking things in your area should start appearing soon

Angel xxx

Bananabrain
24-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Angel, I've just spoken to my local FIS and they said that as far as they are aware,it isn't the case that addresses or reg no's are going to be on the site!!!
As usual they had no idea when it is going to be sorted.
I vaguely remember getting a letter to say that it would defo be sorted by the end of Oct:laughing:
Just don't know what to believe now.
Reckon they've just got a stock answer to get people off the phone.
This country is soooooo pants!!!!
And it gets more pants by the day

angeldelight
24-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Angel, I've just spoken to my local FIS and they said that as far as they are aware,it isn't the case that addresses or reg no's are going to be on the site!!!
As usual they had no idea when it is going to be sorted.
I vaguely remember getting a letter to say that it would defo be sorted by the end of Oct:laughing:
Just don't know what to believe now.
Reckon they've just got a stock answer to get people off the phone.
This country is soooooo pants!!!!
And it gets more pants by the day

Well I have the letter in front of me and I quoted from that !!!! :panic:

Thats what it says about having your address on there - that everyone will have to give consent to having your address on the site
If you dont want your address on there then of course you dont give your consent

The letter says nothing about anyones reg being on there though

I have had to fill in a form to say if I want my address on the new site or not so I presume it is the correct information other wise why send me a form to fill in :laughing:

Confusing for all ha ha

Angel xx

TheBTeam
24-11-2009, 03:55 PM
I haven't even received a letter telling me the old one was closing, let alone permission for the new one!

angeldelight
24-11-2009, 04:03 PM
I haven't even received a letter telling me the old one was closing, let alone permission for the new one!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

xxxx

PixiePetal
25-11-2009, 09:56 PM

Me neither :laughing:

Got all my info from the forum :thumbsup:

venus89
07-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Thanks Angel - I was just about to ask if anybody knoew if it was possible to amend the details online yet but from what you say it seems it's still a case of phoning them up?

buildingblocks
22-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Will I have just been on and put in my full address and it comes up with 40 childminders within 8 miles (Little Miss Sparkles - this includes names I recognise from Broughton and Winterton names I recognise) and hubby and I don't exist.

So I think I feel a phone call to CIS tomorrow telling them it is not good enough as I keep my details up to date with them and I am losing business because of it as I have vacancies they are not advertising and I expect it sorting by the New Year.

katickles
06-01-2010, 03:20 PM
I have just done a serch on my postcode & I am not showing. I called the FIS number on there & spoke to somebody that transfered me to my local area's department.

Now I explained I am not showing so he has checked the details & saids its weird as I am showing for him:panic:

My names not on the list though so I am confused (for a change!!):panic: :blush: :laughing:

angeldelight
06-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Oh well I had the information from them last November and I sent my form straight away

But they have just emailed me to say they did not get it so what a waste of time that was they have mailed me another form

I called our local family information service and they said this update form can be used in any area - just do not use the first page and obviously you do not send it to my local area but your own

If anyone wants a copy of the form to update their details so you can send it off I can email it to you

Pm with your email addy

Angel xx

Twinkle
06-01-2010, 05:33 PM
I've not had any information from them at all! All my info has come from this site.

I typed in my postcode and the nearest childminder to me is in Bootle in Liverpool, Wirral doesn't seem to exist!

youarewhatyoueat
06-01-2010, 07:21 PM
I spoke to the fis the other day and one of the biggest issues has been the local lists not being loaded up to the national database, peoples names are vanashing etc.
The lady told me that the most important information must be on your local council list and then every few weeks this is uploaded to the national base.
I vanished and she had to manually find me and reinstate me on the local list and then this friday it will be uploaded, she very kindly rang me back to say I was back on the local list. Just ring the original fis number and check your details are still live and ask when the update will take place.
It explained why I hadn't had any enquiries since september!!!!!!! Very irritating considering I've a new childminder a mile down the road who was top of the list.

Heaven Scent
06-01-2010, 09:35 PM
yeah I am now the nearest Childminder to my own postcode wonders will never cease!!! All they need to do now is upload my info.

Mouse
06-01-2010, 10:14 PM
None of the childminders from our area are on.

I sent the forms back months ago, so goodness knows what the delay is.

angeldelight
06-01-2010, 10:15 PM
None of the childminders from our area are on.

I sent the forms back months ago, so goodness knows what the delay is.

They are supposed to be collecting everyones information and they told me today that it should all be sorted by the 31st Jan - we shall see :laughing:

Angel xx

kentcfis
13-01-2010, 10:18 AM
The information that you give is going to differ from the information that appeared on the ************* ( I know most know about this but just incase you do not .....)

Hi AngelDelight
This should not be the case, the information FIS have a statutory duty to provide to the public is listed here: http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2007/uksi_20073490_en_1

FIS nationwide however have indicated that some parts are missing when being displayed via DirectGov and the other Parent Know How Directory (PKHD) Channels however this is due to their configuration and implementation of the PKHD webtemplates (i.e. thats their decision for reasons known only to themselves)

FIS should be providing via their own websites and lists the statute listing but they can only do that if provided with the information from providers or if provided data from ofsted in some cases.

There are going to be three main differences

First is that full postal addresses will appear on the internet - but you can choose for your full address details not be be displayed
However your provision will still be found by parents by your name and telephone number

The second is that childminders will no longer be able to opt to have the Family Information Service telephone number displayed on the internet - it must be your own home or mobile number so parents can contact you direct

The third difference is that in agreeing to allow your permission to be uploaded on the internet you will be giving the Department of Children , Schools and Families (DCSF) permission to provide your details to other organisations authories by DCSF.

Yes, this is kind of correct... providers such as childminders who operate from their own home often request that their exact location is not published for safety and or other reasons.

In these cases the LA/FIS will prevent identification of their exact location by including only the first part of the postcode in the provider record when publishing it, e.g. ME16 8AE becomes ME16.

One consequence of this safeguarding approach is that websites are not able to calculate an accurate distance when a specific full postcode search is entered. Instead it will show the distance as if the childminder was located at the geographical centre of the broad postcode area.

For example... Looking for a childminder in ME16 8AE when the childminder based at this location has requested their exact location not to be published will result in the distance of the childminder to be located at ME16 being based x amount of miles away.

Childminders can have the FIS number as their contact details if the FIS offer that choice and this is also dependent on the setup of each FIS systems capability. In Kent we do not offer this.

People looking for childcare can find information accessed at
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Childcare/DG_066832
http://childcarefinder.direct.gov.uk/childcarefinder/
and will also be available from your local council websites

Additionally other PKHD channels can also display this... http://dadtalk.org/parent_know_how_directory.php

http://www.parentlineplus.org.uk/default.aspx?page=directory&module=directory-search

http://informationforfamilies.dcsf.gov.uk/SearchChildCare.aspx

Of course if you want no information on the internet you can still just agree to the Family Information Service just providing information for you when people enquire this would be verbally by them on the phone or by sending parents details through the post

If you give your consent to none of the above then your information will not be on the site
You should get a form to fill in shortly if not then contact them

All very true...

Additionally to this post i would like to add that FIS are required to upload Ofsted data as part of their feed to the Parent Know How Directory

Some details held by the FIS are unable to be altered if it is OfSTED data and that if this information is incorrect they would have to phone OfSTED's NBU. http://ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/About-us/Contact-us

OfSTED's data namely consists of... http://ofsted.gov.uk/content/download/5018/40036/file/Local%20authorities%20information%20on%20childcare %20providers.doc

I hope this post helps...
Kent CFIS

Joycey
18-01-2010, 09:38 PM
This has been a disaster for me. I have always relied on this service for enquiries previously and have always had business. However, since Christmas I've had no enquiries and have several unfilled vacancies. I have spoken to them several times as you can't currently search by school pick up and when I put in my postcode I am 30th on the what seems to be no order list.

Hope they sort it out soon.

kentcfis
19-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Hi Joycey,
When you say i have spoken to them several times who exactly is them? Us you your local FIS (whoever that may be)?

Further to your reply... searching by a specific school pickup will not be available via Parent Know How web channels and to my knowledge has not been talked about.

In regards to our own council childcare search website this is something i can put forward as a development but obviously this would only help those in Kent.

additionally "I am 30th on the what seems to be no order list" FIS have a duty to be impartial therefore all results on our council website are randomised therefore not giving preferential treatment to...
1) the one that last updated their details or 2) the one with the most vacancies etc etc;

we recognise this might not be helpful and have already lodged a development request to allow with our council website the ability for the user of the site to order by a-z 0-9 or z-a 9-0 on the top heading of the search results page.

Using the Parent Know How web channels you can order by Distance / Relevance / Name / Last Update

Again as far as i know this is how it will remain

kentcfis
20-01-2010, 04:57 PM
As a further update - the Government have renamed the Parent Know How Directory (PKHD) to Family Information Direct.

Minstrel
20-01-2010, 08:24 PM
I have a comment about the 'no order list' and not to be seen to give preferential treatment which maybe you can shred some light on.

When typing in my own full postcode, before my own name, you are given 2 and a half pages full of nurseries and pre schools, some of which are up to 5 miles away! I am then listed first (only by sheer luck!) as my name begins with an A and its alphabetical but I am still shown to be 2 miles away from my own postcode. Several of the nurseries are 0 miles away (not true!!).

If this is not preferential treatment towards nurseries then you could have fooled me!

Will get of my rant box now!:blush:

ss1983
20-01-2010, 10:19 PM
hi im started childminding in dec do i need to ring thr family informayion ceneter to advertise my businees or do they already have my details,?

kentcfis
21-01-2010, 09:17 AM
I have a comment about the 'no order list'

Hi Minstel: Which website is this in relation to? i'll take a look - feel free to PM me your postcode etc

kentcfis
21-01-2010, 09:26 AM
hi im started childminding in dec do i need to ring thr family informayion ceneter to advertise my businees or do they already have my details,?

Your Local FIS will have recieved your information from OfSTED: Our procedures are that we contact each provider to obtain consent for publication via our service for when parents contact the FIS service which will probably be uniform procedures across england.

this is in writing / over the phone / via the internet

in addition to this we also collect additional information that a parent will want to know about - things like costs / opening hours / facilities etc etc.

if you want to see if your being advertised (by the internet) i recommend using the following site http://informationforfamilies.dcsf.gov.uk/advanced_search_cc.aspx

in the first box type your name - if you have a common name like smith good luck to you...

when you load up you'll see all the details your local FIS has on you so if you need anything altered call 0800 2346 346 and you'll be routed to your local FIS who can make updates... unless its ofsted information then call Ofsted on 08456 404047.

If your not advertised via the internet and want to be i'd suggest doing the same as the above - contact your FIS and they can go through their local procedures to get you advertised.

I hope this helps

Rasharoon
21-01-2010, 09:56 AM
"The second is that childminders will no longer be able to opt to have the Family Information Service telephone number displayed on the internet - it must be your own home or mobile number so parents can contact you direct"

I've not read all the posts so sorry if I've repeated something that has already been mentioned but on my details which are listed under the direct gov site, to be able to contact me they have listed the telephone number for the Family Info. Service which is what I've requested. Other childminders have done the same. Is this wrong then?

kentcfis
21-01-2010, 10:11 AM
"The second is that childminders will no longer be able to opt to have the Family Information Service telephone number displayed on the internet - it must be your own home or mobile number so parents can contact you direct"

Hi Rasharoon, I have commented on this in an earlier post.

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=614212&postcount=20

Ripeberry
21-01-2010, 11:34 AM
I think they show nurseries and pre-schools first because they have published addresses. CMs are always shown as 2 miles away, so that people can't work out where we are as we want our address to be private.
Well that's what I think :D

netty
21-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Just been checking my details have been up date and found on the drop down bars marked places,cost , other details that where it say ofsted registered it say no :mad: have looked at others in my area and it is a mix of yes and no's but it says my last inspection report outcome,it seems they can not get anything right.So take a look and see if you are ofsted registed.
Netty xx

kentcfis
25-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Just been checking my details have been up date and found on the drop down bars marked places,cost , other details that where it say ofsted registered it say no :mad: have looked at others in my area and it is a mix of yes and no's but it says my last inspection report outcome,it seems they can not get anything right.So take a look and see if you are ofsted registed.
Netty xx

Hi Netty, which website was this? again feel free to pm details to me and i'll try my best...

kentcfis
25-01-2010, 01:04 PM
in addition to my previous post...

details are now being advertised at additional places

Becta
http://www.ourhomeaccess.nextgenerationlearning.org.uk/

1BigDatabase
http://www.1bigdatabase.org.uk/

Hampshire County council
http://www.pkhd.hants.gov.uk/

Kent County Council - Ours is a basic setup based on issues we've found by other LA/Ofsted data issues at present
http://fisonline.tribalhosted.co.uk/Kent/EarlyYears/PublicEnquiry/

Additionally other PKHD channels can also display this... http://dadtalk.org/parent_know_how_directory.php

http://www.parentlineplus.org.uk/default.aspx?page=directory&module=directory-search

kentcfis
25-01-2010, 01:06 PM
These will soon be added with access to the Family Information Direct Directory

CMEC

Netmums

Bounty

Mumsnet

Looking Local

Special Need Informed Parents

Relate

Single Parent Action Network

Lady Haha
25-01-2010, 07:59 PM
I haven't been back on here since before Christmas as it was such a shambles, but just had another peek and there's a slight improvement.....I'm there, I live at my postcode (yay!), my school pick up is correct as are my fees, but......they have me listed has having ALL my spaces available and that I work Mon-Sat 6am - 7pm.....hahahahah, yeh, right!!!

This does seem to be mad system though! Anyone looking for a childminder picking up from my school would have to go through all of them as you can't search by school pick up!

kentcfis
26-01-2010, 12:02 PM
contact bristol FIS and they'll update your opening hours as you require it... they'll also update any vacancies which will appear within 24 hours

as for searching by school pickup - its not happening anytime soon... i believe formal request may have to be pointed at the DCSF...

netty
27-01-2010, 05:52 PM
The web site is direct.gov still quiet alot of childminders in my area that it say not ofsted reg on drop down bars check yours to see what they have you reg as.
Netty xxx

mum2two
27-01-2010, 09:34 PM
I've had to call them today, as none of the childminders in my village are listed on there. The closest ones are about 6 miles away.

There are about 7 or 8 of us, and not one on there! :angry:

She checked my details, and yep she has them, so must be a computer glitch if none of us are showing... Great!!

xx

kentcfis
28-01-2010, 09:20 AM
The web site is direct.gov still quiet alot of childminders in my area that it say not ofsted reg on drop down bars check yours to see what they have you reg as.
Netty xxx

hi netty - can you copy and paste a hyperlink here of one saying 'not registered'

thanks in advance

kentcfis
28-01-2010, 09:23 AM
There are about 7 or 8 of us, and not one on there! :angry:

She checked my details, and yep she has them, so must be a computer glitch if none of us are showing... Great!!

Have the 7 or 8 of you given consent to publish via the internet to your local FIS?

angeldelight
28-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Hi AngelDelight
This should not be the case, the information FIS have a statutory duty to provide to the public is listed here: http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2007/uksi_20073490_en_1

FIS nationwide however have indicated that some parts are missing when being displayed via DirectGov and the other Parent Know How Directory (PKHD) Channels however this is due to their configuration and implementation of the PKHD webtemplates (i.e. thats their decision for reasons known only to themselves)

FIS should be providing via their own websites and lists the statute listing but they can only do that if provided with the information from providers or if provided data from ofsted in some cases.

Yes, this is kind of correct... providers such as childminders who operate from their own home often request that their exact location is not published for safety and or other reasons.

In these cases the LA/FIS will prevent identification of their exact location by including only the first part of the postcode in the provider record when publishing it, e.g. ME16 8AE becomes ME16.

One consequence of this safeguarding approach is that websites are not able to calculate an accurate distance when a specific full postcode search is entered. Instead it will show the distance as if the childminder was located at the geographical centre of the broad postcode area.

For example... Looking for a childminder in ME16 8AE when the childminder based at this location has requested their exact location not to be published will result in the distance of the childminder to be located at ME16 being based x amount of miles away.

Childminders can have the FIS number as their contact details if the FIS offer that choice and this is also dependent on the setup of each FIS systems capability. In Kent we do not offer this.

All very true...

Additionally to this post i would like to add that FIS are required to upload Ofsted data as part of their feed to the Parent Know How Directory

Some details held by the FIS are unable to be altered if it is OfSTED data and that if this information is incorrect they would have to phone OfSTED's NBU. http://ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/About-us/Contact-us

OfSTED's data namely consists of... http://ofsted.gov.uk/content/download/5018/40036/file/Local%20authorities%20information%20on%20childcare %20providers.doc

I hope this post helps...
Kent CFIS

Any of the above details that I quoted were from the orginal documents that I received by email from our local area of FIS

Thanks for the additional information that you added here

Seems to be a lot of areas are still having the same problems that they were having a few mths back though with no improvment at all judging by some of the replies here ?

A lot of minders have noticed less calls too through this

Angel xxx

kentcfis
28-01-2010, 02:27 PM
more news on the launch of Family Information Direct

http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/familyinformationdirect/

kentcfis
28-01-2010, 02:30 PM
further to this we have had a case of someone appearing and disappearing from the websites...

looking into it further we have found this is due to ofsted supplying information that is not in the correct format and given that we (FIS) cannot alter it this turned out to be the reason of her uploading and working and uploading and failing...

this was due to ofsted entering the word mob in with the childminders mobile number.

mobile numbers are strictly numerical only hence its failure when ofsted entered the word mob.

once ofsted remove this the childminders record will then start uploading once again.

thought i'd post if here if any other people suffer this issue.

moljak
01-05-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm not impressed with the new site! Bring back the old one.
When I put in my postcode it tells me a childminder 2 streets away is 7miles from me and childminders in the next town which is 8 miles away show up as 4 miles.If parents are using this to find their childcare I will never get any mindees.
Oh and I'm actually not on the site even though FIS have my details.Have rang and confirmed my details and tell me that I am on there.I've had friends look to just incase I can't see myself.
Going to have to ring them again on Tuesday I think

kentcfis
04-05-2010, 08:42 AM
hi moljak

im not sure what area you are in but i'll try to help you out...

1) the old site will not be returning - sorry - but this is a DCSF programme that has replaced the outgoing DCSF service (*************) - FIS cannot do anything about it...

2) based upon the consent you have given your FIS will likely be the cause of you appearing/not appearing where you expect... to give an example...

if you have given consent for internet publication but not your full address your postcode has the end part removed

so for example with this link - if me14 1xq was your home address and you wanted your full address not to be given out your would be located at me14 (in this case 3.3 miles away)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=ME14+1XQ&daddr=me14&geocode=FQZzDgMdSPgHAClzp7XFNjLfRzHMoyq-us0-8g%3BFQLADgMdpo8IAClpf7jSNCzfRzHHtIuKkQqHbQ&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=51.268252,0.529404&sspn=0.039041,0.07699&ie=UTF8&ll=51.288118,0.544338&spn=0.039025,0.07699&z=14

taking this back to the other childminders in your post that are located in the next town... if the next town for example me15 might be closer than the 3.3 mile distance of me14...

3) this is being worked on to give better results but is likely only to be fixed around sept - maybe...

4) how to get you in the right area in the meantime - phone your FIS and ask for your full address to be displayed...

hope this helps
kind regards
Kent CFIS

moljak
04-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Thankyou for your reply.I'm not sure I want my full address displayed.I'd rather people rang me than turn up at my door!
I've been a pre-school leader before in my village and used to get people knocking at all times asking for places.Don't want this happening again.

kentcfis
05-05-2010, 08:24 AM
no problem

Minstrel
05-05-2010, 01:47 PM
But surely they can give an accurate distance from the parents postcode to ours with out giving out the address. Childcare.co.uk does this to within 0.1 miles- perhaps if FIS are having trouble they could ask Richard from there (and also is on here as a forum friend) for advice!

:D

kentcfis
05-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Hi Minstel,
FIS are not having difficulty - the is the 'current' setup of the government system that FIS feed information to when someone does not want their full address seen when you use any of the national websites.

On our Local Authority website for example we can (for those in Kent at least) search with 0.1 mile like you suggest.

You may find local directories may work better until such time as the National websites put things in place to resolve quality issues (rumoured to be some time around Sept)

Again to explain it if a parent puts in their home address and searches for childcare on a national site ME1 1AA for example the national site can only see the first part of the postcode for those not wanting full addresses displayed...

therefore...

a provider at ME1 1AB (round the street corner) with an address being limited will be listed as ME1

effectively the parent would see the provider at a distance of thier address to the centre point of the postcode area of ME1 which will be listed at a distance greater than round the street corner.

there is nothing FIS can do to resolve these issues apart from suggesting that full address details are given to work around this problem until the rumoured sept time where a fix should be in-place.

i would always advocate that for verification it is always best to contact the FIS for the area for accurate lists (which are not effected by this national issue)

regards
Kent CFIS

kentcfis
22-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Hi All,
It's been a long time since the last update...

we've been tweaking and developing our site since we last posted however with the change of government other national developments have been slow to non existant.

I thought i'd share another alternative to advertising i'm hoping to use some of you to test for me and and supply feedback.

ATTN: All Kent based providers - by using the link below and typing in your OfSTED Certificate number your online profile should be displayed to you (based on the consent you have given us - click HELP for further details)

http://fisonline.tribalhosted.co.uk/Kent/EarlyYears/PublicEnquiry/Search.aspx?searchID=262

We have added a facebook / twitter / email / etc option to advertise your direct link to your profile

------------------------------------------------------

ATTN: All non Kent based providers - Now i'm not sure this will work but we are trying it anyway - we can pull through basic details of other childcare areas uploaded by other FIS in England. All of the searching is similar to that of DirectGov's for those outside of Kent.

We have added the same social networking links and would like to see if that works too.

Your link would be...

http://fisonline.tribalhosted.co.uk/Kent/EarlyYears/PublicEnquiry/NationalSearch.aspx

------------------------------------------------------

Constructive comments welcome ! :thumbsup:

teacake2
22-11-2010, 08:47 PM
I have just tried your suggestion, I live in Staffordshire and I was able to find my details just putting in childminder and my postcode. Maybe it was just me but I couldn't get the social networking bits to come up. I think it is a good idea what you are doing especially for people who are moving area.
Teacake2

kentcfis
23-11-2010, 09:48 AM
thanks for the feedback teacake2

as for the social networking links they should show up below the title "Provider Information:"

kentcfis
03-12-2010, 04:49 PM
thanks to all those that have tested it out for us...

both facebook and email seemed to be the most used (twitter less so)

it seems to work across the national site (those outside of kent) as well as those inside kent just as well.

thanks to you all that participated :littleangel: :thumbsup:

kentcfis
20-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Remember Kent folks you can update your information online now - http://fisonline.tribalhosted.co.uk/Kent/EarlyYears/DataCollection/login.aspx

An OfSTED update tool is currently being looked at to allow kent based providers to directly update OfSTED - we hope that OfSTED can then inform us of your ofsted data changes more effectively / efficiently to allow us to make the changes you want to make.

Some details about this will be in the next issue of Focus.

Kent CFIS

kentcfis
27-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Uploading a Logo

After reviewing a few posts (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=84303) on here we put forward a request for logo's to be available via our online directory

We have just received word that this development has been approved and will be coming online soon - i'll post up when its available

VINASOL
24-07-2011, 06:33 AM
Remember Kent folks you can update your information online now - http://fisonline.tribalhosted.co.uk/Kent/EarlyYears/DataCollection/login.aspx

An OfSTED update tool is currently being looked at to allow kent based providers to directly update OfSTED - we hope that OfSTED can then inform us of your ofsted data changes more effectively / efficiently to allow us to make the changes you want to make.

Some details about this will be in the next issue of Focus.

Kent CFIS

I can't seem to log on...either wrong password/user name...how do I get this information? thanks

kentcfis
25-07-2011, 08:06 AM
If you call Kent CFIS on 08000 32 32 30 or email KentCFIS@kent.gov.uk we'll be able to supply you with the information you require - please ensure you include your Ofsted Certificate number (a 6 digit ref number that may be prefixed with EY or VC)

stardust
25-07-2011, 08:38 AM
I don't this new system is all that safe.
1. If it will display your address on the internet along with the fact you care for children then it therefore makes you a potential target for sex offenders as they now have the information they need to sit and wait and see if the childminder minds alone and what hours and days.
Also if the child has a parent they the are not allowed to see e.g has a restraining order against the parent will be able to find all potential minders in the area and find the one that there child is at, they will also see the minder is alone and increases the risk of the child being snatched.

2. (my biggest concern) Anyone with their address and land line number on the internet are wide open to be burgled! It is known that burglers will ring a land line to find out if the family are home (if the phone is answered they pretend to have the wrong number) but by doing this they know if the family is home making it easier for them. Believe it or not, not all burglers are opportunist druggies some do it because its easy money.

I know i sound like i'm really paranoid but they are fully valid points and are both security issues.
If anyone has contact details for who is setting up this website I would quite happily make them aware of these issues.

Richard
25-07-2011, 09:49 AM
That's a very good point. You do not under any circumstances want your physical address or direct contact details to be made available to anybody as this is not only a safety issue but you could find your data is copied by third parties and sold for all sorts of unsoliciated communications.

At Childcare.co.uk we take create care of our membership data and never reveal your physical address or direct contact details to anybody unless you choose to do so by making your telephone number or email address available to our paying gold members under the Profile Plus section of your profile.

Even if you choose to make your direct contact details available to our paying members then we show you via our Who's Looked at Me? list exactly which member has viewed your direct contact details.

I don't this new system is all that safe.
1. If it will display your address on the internet along with the fact you care for children then it therefore makes you a potential target for sex offenders as they now have the information they need to sit and wait and see if the childminder minds alone and what hours and days.
Also if the child has a parent they the are not allowed to see e.g has a restraining order against the parent will be able to find all potential minders in the area and find the one that there child is at, they will also see the minder is alone and increases the risk of the child being snatched.

2. (my biggest concern) Anyone with their address and land line number on the internet are wide open to be burgled! It is known that burglers will ring a land line to find out if the family are home (if the phone is answered they pretend to have the wrong number) but by doing this they know if the family is home making it easier for them. Believe it or not, not all burglers are opportunist druggies some do it because its easy money.

I know i sound like i'm really paranoid but they are fully valid points and are both security issues.
If anyone has contact details for who is setting up this website I would quite happily make them aware of these issues.