PDA

View Full Version : really confused!

littlepixies
24-11-2009, 08:12 AM
I read some posts about capital grant back in august this year.... so i rung my local eary years team at the council who explained everyone who was a childminder in croydon was sent a letter out if they wished to apply for the grant and that the replys they got back wasnt many and were in the process of being handed out soon and would comprise of a digital camera, lap top and a few other bits.
I explained i had never recieved this letter and would have definately applied for it .... she said she would ask other memebers of her team regarding this and get back to me.
so i wrote to my head of early years and explained and felt id been one left out and that i work hard ect... and wish to be placed on the list and would it be at all possible. but never heard a thing back

Now i see their are more of you here receiveing grants and im a little upset as i still havent been offered the one in our area and confussed about how to go about being puut on the list to be able to apply?

Mouse
24-11-2009, 10:33 AM
As far as I know, the allocation of capital grant varies from area to area. You really need to speak to your local Early Years team again and get an exact reply from them. If they say someone will phone you back, say 'no, that's alright, I'll hang on till you've got the answer'. Or make sure you get the name of the person you need to speak to & keep hounding them until they explain how the process works in your area.

In some areas you need to be on a network to get anything, in others childminders aren't getting anything at all. In some areas you can apply for what you want, in others you get given a pack of resources. Some areas can apply for a limited amount of money, in others there doesn't seem to be a limit at all..

In my area we were sent letters about applying for the grant & had to attend a meeting about it. All childminders were included and those of us who meet regularly talked about it a lot, so everyone from the group knew about it. We were limited to applying for an initial amount of £500 to enhance outdoor play. Not much compared with some, but it's better than nothing. Ad we can get a second lot of £500 if there are funds left.

inspiron
24-11-2009, 02:03 PM
i dont know if i am the only childminder that is finding this subject so annoying good luck to all who has recieved the capitol grant but it is so unfair for those who got NOTHING dont they realise the bad feelings they are causing it is a lot of money for some and nothing for others we have to go without or buy it ourselves its starting to realy annoy me.

The Juggler
24-11-2009, 02:06 PM
our CG went on resources at the children's centre which we can loan. However, I'm loathe to borrow sets incase I lose pieces then have to fork out to replace. Their treasure basket cost £200 and has about 40 items which are small and easily lost.

They are now 'telling us off' for not borrowing more stuff. Well we did tell them what we would like and they ignored us!

sarah707
24-11-2009, 06:17 PM
i dont know if i am the only childminder that is finding this subject so annoying good luck to all who has recieved the capitol grant but it is so unfair for those who got NOTHING dont they realise the bad feelings they are causing it is a lot of money for some and nothing for others we have to go without or buy it ourselves its starting to realy annoy me.

I totally agree!

I am also very pleased for those childminders who live in areas where they have decided to be fair and award minders a share of the money.

Sooo many have missed out though. :(

I understand it was a resolution at the latest NCMA Annual Conference for NCMA to lobby Government about this.

They are going to try and ensure fairness for all in the future :D