PDA

View Full Version : Christmas activities for a 9 mth old, help please

lissy
23-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Can anyone suggest any activities to do with a 9 mth old for christmas, i am having a brain block this year???

grindal
23-11-2009, 05:25 PM
I look after a 12 month old who has not got very good hand eye coordination but manages to put everything he picks up straight in his mouth. I am planning on concentrating on colours with him. Red and white for father Christmas, cotton wool texture and white for snow on some black card. Some green and red paints for holly, lots of Christmas stories and songs. Making some cakes, mince pies etc so some mixing and tasting going on there. Its all a bit new to me, I often wonder if I am doing the right sort of things :blush:

madasahatter
23-11-2009, 05:26 PM
I have in the past done very careful handprint/footprint activities washing the hand/foot as soon as the print has been made, ensuring they don't go into the mouth.
You can also do hand/footprints into clay.
Collage of photos

grindal
23-11-2009, 07:14 PM
I have in the past done very careful handprint/footprint activities washing the hand/foot as soon as the print has been made, ensuring they don't go into the mouth.
You can also do hand/footprints into clay.
Collage of photos

I make christmas decorations every year of DS1 and 2s hand prints in clay - never occurred to me to do this with mindee :blush:

francinejayne
05-12-2009, 11:05 PM
I look after a 12 month old who has not got very good hand eye coordination but manages to put everything he picks up straight in his mouth. I am planning on concentrating on colours with him. Red and white for father Christmas, cotton wool texture and white for snow on some black card. Some green and red paints for holly, lots of Christmas stories and songs. Making some cakes, mince pies etc so some mixing and tasting going on there. Its all a bit new to me, I often wonder if I am doing the right sort of things :blush:

Sonds like you're doing lots of good things to me!