PDA

View Full Version : What shall I do??

Adiamond
23-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Hi, my main mindee was taken on originally Mon-Fri 8am-1pm grandma picked up mon,wed and fri, anyway mum and grandma had a fall out and mum asked if I could keep M until 5.30 on a Mon and Wed, extra £141 per month I jumped at the chance :).
I have written a new contract out but mums been avoiding me at picking up times and hasn't signed it :( I thought she was being a little strange.
Today I haven't had M and I text mum to see what she is working over xmas as I was doing invoices and she replied saying she has had a good chat with her mum and she won't need me to do the 2 afternoons anymore :( she then said but if her mum does it again (I don't know what went on) she will need me again!!!! I am confused I feel really let down by her I have bent over backwards for her in the past but not anymore grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!
I have in my contracts that they must give me 4 weeks written notice to change their hours/contracts but she hasn't signed the new contract.
Any advice would be much appreciated before I reply to her text.
Thank you x x x

LisaMcNally09
23-11-2009, 03:24 PM
tbh i dont think theres anything you can do because she hasnt signed new contract.

Sorry not much help...im sure someone will correct me if im wrong

tammerisk
23-11-2009, 03:39 PM
as has been said she not signed so you can't do anything about that

but you can make it clear that you can not just change things at drop of a hat
make it clear that you will not garntee that you will have the space to acommidate her 'if she does it again' and explain that oyu are a buisness not a charity

suez
23-11-2009, 03:41 PM
i thimk the same not much you can do coz she didnt sign the contract but i would tell her you had the new contract ready for her and point out the 4 wks notices just so she is aware for next time

Tired
23-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Well, I think you should just make it clear that the hours are not reserved for her and if someone else needs them there is nothing to stop you singing a contract with someone else.

wendywu
23-11-2009, 04:41 PM
I would tell her that you cannot just do it at the drop of a hat.

But if she does fall out with her mum again and you do have mindee for the extra housr then charge time and a half. :panic:

Adiamond
23-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Thanks everyone, I thought that this is how it would be. I feel really disappointed that she has done this and she has made me feel like she thinks I am a pushover and can pick and choose what she likes, she even said that if it doesn't work out with her mum then she will need me to do the afternoons again in January!!!!!!! I don't think so!!!!!!!!
This mum has really started to take the **** she is constantly 10-20 mins late picking up even though I have threatened to charge her £10 each time she is late :angry:
I think I need to be having words :) xxx

Zoomie
23-11-2009, 09:36 PM
This mum has really started to take the **** she is constantly 10-20 mins late picking up even though I have threatened to charge her £10 each time she is late :angry:
I think I need to be having words :) xxx

ME thinks you just need to be issuing her with an extra invoice