PDA

View Full Version : Caravan sites...can you recommend?

nannymcflea
22-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Hello...

Hubby and I have declared middle age and bought a caravan.:D

Does anyone know of some nice quiet sites, North England, South Scotland areas.

We'd like a hook up but no music or entertainment...somewhere we can relax and read a book without noise after 10pm...as we are old now!

any ideas...thank you.

angeldelight
22-11-2009, 10:35 PM
sounds lovely

can not recommend anywhere sorry but just wante to say have fun

angel xx

Pipsqueak
22-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Scarborough and Blackpool have some nice sites, round the lakes

TBH I would recommend joining the Caravan Club and seeing their recommendations. They have lots of different types of sites; family orientated, just adults etc etc.

Enjoy

sarah707
23-11-2009, 07:59 AM
One person you need to ask is Pauline... though I believe she is a very young caravan owner!

We stayed in a brilliant one right on the south coast near Dover - Little Satmar. We were very impressed.

Another that looked lovely the other night when we drove past was at Westmorland Services on the M6 (Tebay)... though I think it's closed now for the winter.

Enjoy! :D

wendywu
23-11-2009, 08:08 AM
One person you need to ask is Pauline... though I believe she is a very young caravan owner!

:D

Oh you can tell its Christmas is coming up and SOMEONE is sucking up for a extra special pressie :p

nannymcflea
23-11-2009, 10:42 AM

We stayed in a brilliant one right on the south coast near Dover - Little Satmar. We were very impressed.

Another that looked lovely the other night when we drove past was at Westmorland Services on the M6 (Tebay)... though I think it's closed now for the winter.

Enjoy! :D

The Tebay services are about 20 mins from us...you drove past without saying hello.:eek:

Come on then YOUNG Pauline....where are your hidden gems?:D

Pipsqueak
23-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Come on then YOUNG Pauline....where are your hidden gems?:D

OMG are you encouraging Pauline to flash her gems:ROFL1: I didn't think it was that kind of forum:eek: nor did I think Pauline goes in for those type of campsites!!!
I now have a vision of Pauline parading round like Babs Windsor in Carry on Camping:laughing:

Hebs
23-11-2009, 12:32 PM
ukcampsites is a good website

we love wansbeck riverside caravan park, lovely and peaceful :thumbsup:

ORKSIE
23-11-2009, 12:33 PM
OMG are you encouraging Pauline to flash her gems:ROFL1: I didn't think it was that kind of forum:eek: nor did I think Pauline goes in for those type of campsites!!!
I now have a vision of Pauline parading round like Babs Windsor in Carry on Camping:laughing:

Spits coffee all over me Screen:ROFL1: :ROFL1:

RachelE
23-11-2009, 01:23 PM
We are with the caravan club. They have CL's (certificated locations). These are usually at the back of somone's farm and can have a max of 5 caravans. Therefore there's no noise and no other stuff. A lot of them have hook up and some have toilets. And, the best thing is that they are typically about £8 per night!
We stayed at a lovely one in the lakes (will dig the book out later for the name)
Also if you join the caravan club, you get a great mag every month detailing lots of their sites and it also has helpful hints regarding caravanning.

We also stayed at a nice one near Garstang, Lancs. Its in a small village called St.Michaels on Wyre and has a pub nearby! :thumbsup:

We also went to a nice one near Mold in North Wales. Which county do you live in?

Hawick in the scottish borders is lovely, but maybe a bit far depending on how south you live?

If you want to venture over to Lincolnshire, there's some lovely sites around here.

When are you planning your 1st trip? Which van did you get?

We love our van, hope you have lots of fun with it.

Rachel x - a very young caravanner!

Pauline
23-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Sarah loses precious brownie points for not remembering that we have a Motorhome, not a caravan :laughing::laughing:

We would also recommend Camping and Caravanning Club and Caravan Club. WE are in both and they have superb sites and strict rules on noise after 11pm.

Will have a think on sites and let you know. :)

nannymcflea
23-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Thank you all....sorry Pauline for saying you have a lowly caravan when you are posh and have a motor home...we bow down to you...:laughing: (hubby will be jealous, he really wanted a motor home)

RachelE..we got a Cristall Moorea, with bunks in the back for the herberts. They are not made any more but we can get most of the parts but not any body parts...but thats why we have insurance! It's more insulated than the British vans and has an onboard water tank so we can go in the winter.:eek:

I'm looking forward to using it, going to family on 28th Dec but want to use it before then.:D

We are in East Cumbria so want to do the lakes and Scotland, Yorkshire,Northumberland etc We have only lived here 10 weeks so are longing to explore.:) Can't wait.:D

It's also available for when Mrs O visits...hint hint....

sarah707
23-11-2009, 08:03 PM
The Tebay services are about 20 mins from us...you drove past without saying hello.:eek:

Oh no I didn't know! Sorry... :o

All the search and rescue guys were staying there in between being heroes over in the floods.

It is a really nice hotel - apart from mould on the toast :rolleyes: and very thin loo roll - I like my loo roll nice and soft! :D

nannymcflea
23-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Oh no I didn't know! Sorry... :o

All the search and rescue guys were staying there in between being heroes over in the floods.

It is a really nice hotel - apart from mould on the toast :rolleyes: and very thin loo roll - I like my loo roll nice and soft! :D

That wasn't mould, it was penicillin to help keep the germs at bay...:laughing: