PDA

View Full Version : risk assessments

hev
22-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Hi i was registered in september but not been on here much. I am in scotland and really struggling with the paperwork., so i have lots of questions!
1. What exactly do you write in daily diaries and my own diary?
2. What do people do for evidence?
3. Does anyone have copies of risk assessments i could have a look at?
4. What paperwork do i need for inspections?

I feel stupid asking these questions but im not one for paperwork never have been so this is all new.
Hope someone can help
Regards Hev xx

Carpet Monkeys
22-11-2009, 10:49 PM
http://www.southglos.gov.uk/_Resources/Publications/CYP/09/0200/CYP-09-0022

That's the risk assessments I am using - just adapting them to my requirements

Hope that helps

carlen222
23-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Hi i was registered in september but not been on here much. I am in scotland and really struggling with the paperwork., so i have lots of questions!
1. What exactly do you write in daily diaries and my own diary?
2. What do people do for evidence?
3. Does anyone have copies of risk assessments i could have a look at?
4. What paperwork do i need for inspections?

I feel stupid asking these questions but im not one for paperwork never have been so this is all new.
Hope someone can help
Regards Hev xx

i bought ring bound notebooks from tesco for daily diaries, i put nappies, bottles, what ate for meals, drinks, then i write about our day and include little photographs each day. for risk assessments i searched on here and googled online for ideas, bromley has a good site.

did you know you can go onto care commission website and type in postcode of your area and read up on local childminder inspection reports!! ive picked up tips from there!! im new to it all too but hope that helps xx

Curly Quavers
23-11-2009, 09:31 PM
What area in Scotland are you in?

1. My Daily Diary is just a A5 pukka pad from Tesco Date at the top the page then sections as follows.

What I ate Today:
What I did Today:
Nappy Changes:
Sleeps:
Any Other info:
I don't have my own daily diary

2. At the moment because I have only been registered since May and havent had a grading inspection yet I am doing a scrap book for each child. At least once a week I make sure I take pictures of the different activities we are doing. Stick them in with a caption underneath. Combined with the daily diaries I think it is enough to be getting on with at the moment and if the CC want more I will do it next year.

3. My CCO so far has been happy with my fire risk assessment and the general one for the whole house. I know I need to do one for my local Toddler Group (We attend twice a week) and perhaps the local play park we attend regularly.

4. ??? I don't know yet. I am just trying to make sure my scrapbooks are updated along with diaries and all contracts are correct with all incident reports and accident reports and permission slips for outings a so on.

carlen222
24-11-2009, 10:09 AM
2. At the moment because I have only been registered since May and havent had a grading inspection yet I am doing a scrap book for each child. At least once a week I make sure I take pictures of the different activities we are doing. Stick them in with a caption underneath. Combined with the daily diaries I think it is enough to be getting on with at the moment and if the CC want more I will do it next year.

where do you buy your scrap books?? i fancied making up ones but searched on ebay etc and couldnt find any :( good thing to keep to show inspector as ive these diaries full of photos etc but by time the inspector comes to inspect these diaries will be full and wel be onto others!!! :idea: xx

hev
24-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Hi thanks very much for the replies, they are really helpful xx:clapping:

Curly Quavers
24-11-2009, 02:23 PM
where do you buy your scrap books?? i fancied making up ones but searched on ebay etc and couldnt find any :( good thing to keep to show inspector as ive these diaries full of photos etc but by time the inspector comes to inspect these diaries will be full and wel be onto others!!! :idea: xx

I am just using A4 scrapbooks from Tesco or Asda in both shops each book is less than £1.00 each.

carlen222
25-11-2009, 08:45 PM
ill need to get someone to pick me up some then cheers!! i live in the back of beyond, nearest asda is a 3 hour drive away!! been hunting online without any luck xx

hev
01-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Hi thanks for all the replies, i am managing to get to grips with daily diaries and scrapbooks now thanks for the help. 1 more question, the last one for a while i hope does anyone have good risk assessments i could have a look at i need them for Car, Park,House and Garden, and walking to nursery.I have done some but i dont think they are very good, thanks again:joker: