PDA

View Full Version : Might have first mindee...

maisiemog
22-11-2009, 04:12 PM
...Only might though! My MIL is in the process of becoming a leaarning disabilities foster carer and has been told that she will have her first child sooner than she thought so wont have worked out her notice at work! If this is the case she's going to pay me my standard charges for looking after the child whilst she's at work!

Should be good for all of us. She's put me down as her emergency carer anyways as the ofsted process clears me for the foster people as I'm CRB'd etc. Means I can get to know the child who will obviously be a part of the family, gain some special needs experience and earn some desperately needed pennies!!!!

Anyways...now that this might be happening I'm all in a panic about my paperwork etc. I've written all my policies and procedures etc and I'm glad my first parent is a relative in some ways. As I have to work to similar standards as her I know it wont be all that stressful and its only short term. BUT now I'm panicing about obs and planning etc. Its cos I cant do these in advance as I dont know the child.

Hopefully will get a few more children in as well soon. Really excited though as I am definately on my way now!!!!!

chels55
22-11-2009, 06:31 PM
fingers crossed 4 u

sarah707
22-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Hope it works out for you! :D

CherryBlossom
23-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Thats good new-hope it works out for you
xx