PDA

View Full Version : Parent asking for any mum to care for her 2 yr old 3 days next week on Netmums!

yummymummy
22-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Am so computer illiterate that I don't know how to post links etc :blush:
BUT on my local netmums noticeboard a woman is asking for another mum to care for her child 3 days next week as shes asked everyone she knows and no one can do it. Small fee can be paid!!!!!!!!!!
Netmums childcare ads are a bit of a bugbear of mine but this is posted on the noticeboard.
Is it just me or this this woman totally crazy? Who in their right mind would leave their child with someone they've never met before who they have contacted over the internet a matter of hours before?
She has had 3 replies, one from a mum, one from a nanny and one from a childminder.
It beggars belief really!

Blackhorse
22-11-2009, 12:58 PM
well I would imagine she would meet with them first? If it is a childminder and she visits them beforehand I dont see the issue...whether they met on netmums or she found the childminder on official childcare links and phoned them...iyswim...

but I also had a parent - going to college - and the college phoned me on behalf of the parent to ask if I had spaces...I said I did and then mum phoned me to ask if it is ok to drop her LO of on the first day in question in the morning.
I said NO, I want to meet you and LO first and also get the relavant paper work done...she would have just sent the LO to me without knowing who I was...

so I guess some parents really would just dump their kids on your doorstep...:eek:

Cazz
22-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Am so computer illiterate that I don't know how to post links etc :blush:
BUT on my local netmums noticeboard a woman is asking for another mum to care for her child 3 days next week as shes asked everyone she knows and no one can do it. Small fee can be paid!!!!!!!!!!
Netmums childcare ads are a bit of a bugbear of mine but this is posted on the noticeboard.
Is it just me or this this woman totally crazy? Who in their right mind would leave their child with someone they've never met before who they have contacted over the internet a matter of hours before?
She has had 3 replies, one from a mum, one from a nanny and one from a childminder.
It beggars belief really!

It makes you wonder doesn't it but I suppose if she's desperate!

Why are you not keen on Netmums childcare adverts? I've got 2 out of my 3 families from an advert on there! Absolutely zilch from the direct gov site!! Not even an enquiry!

yummymummy
22-11-2009, 01:14 PM
I am not keen on netmums ads because on our site too many unregistered people are offering childcare and I think that it is very dangerous that Netmums allows these adverts to be placed. I gave examples of who answered but the woman doesn't actually want registered childcare as she doesn't want to pay going rates or that is what I am assuming by "the small fee" bit.
Maybe some netmums areas are more successful I have never advertised but have answered a couple of adverts and were both complete timewasters.
I just think to ask for a "mum" you have never met before to care for your child a few days later is very risky. If you are contacting a registered childminder than that is different.

aly
22-11-2009, 02:14 PM
I am not keen on netmums ads because on our site too many unregistered people are offering childcare and I think that it is very dangerous that Netmums allows these adverts to be placed. I gave examples of who answered but the woman doesn't actually want registered childcare as she doesn't want to pay going rates or that is what I am assuming by "the small fee" bit.
Maybe some netmums areas are more successful I have never advertised but have answered a couple of adverts and were both complete timewasters.
I just think to ask for a "mum" you have never met before to care for your child a few days later is very risky. If you are contacting a registered childminder than that is different.

This is what bugs me [depending on her pay] she can get most of her fees paid by tax credits so she wouldnt pay as much as she probably would using unreg babysitters!!

The Juggler
22-11-2009, 02:24 PM
did you report the post. they shouldn't be allowing/encouraging people to do this. however, I suppose it's not different to asking for a babysitter on there??? i guess those who would offer would just see themselves as daytime babysitters. and so the whole debate goes on......!:panic: :panic:

littletreasures
22-11-2009, 04:39 PM
I saw that advert. She is willing to pay a "small amount".

I wonder what the child's like and will be settle easily, could be 3 days really hard work!!!