PDA

View Full Version : Holidays

Hebs
21-11-2009, 10:00 PM
i am wanting to give my parents my holiday dates for next year

i so far have only used 7 days holiday :panic:

my big holiday is to tunisia in august....

can't decide wether to take long weekend off at the end of oct hols to go to blackpool with the kids, or time off at christmas (alot of my parents work over christmas so really rely on me and i dont mind working) or wait until end of jan/early feb for another holiday... but it's a looooooong time from august to feb :eek: :panic:

what would you do???

beccas
21-11-2009, 10:01 PM
i do a letter every term and if i know any holiday dates i putthem in these letters so do one now with these dates in but make sure you also say you will be having more time off and will inform when it is confirmed.

helenlc
21-11-2009, 10:18 PM
I would let them know your August ones now or beginning of new year. But other than that, wait til you have chosen what you are going to do then notify them.

I have in my contracts that I will give 4 weeks notice of holidays and parents are to do the same.

But I do try to give as much as possible. For example, we will be going to my Dad's May half term and the week after. I will probably book this in January/Febuary so will let parents know ASAP after I have booked it.

I havent been away since going to my Dads last Xmas and am SO looking forward to next May!!!:clapping:

Hebs
21-11-2009, 10:23 PM
i have decided on the following...........

2 days in June 2010 – dates TBC
5 days in august – 30th august until 3rd September
1 days in October - 29th October
5 days in Feb – 21st February until 25th February

helenlc
21-11-2009, 10:47 PM
All sounds good and plenty of notice too.

madasahatter
22-11-2009, 02:59 PM
I give out my holiday dates for next year in October or early November. I take a week in March to go skiing, a couple of days at each half term so I can do things with DS (not Feb though because of skiing), two weeks in August and Xmas eve through to starting school in New Year. Apart from March all my hols are in school holidays so they don't affect several of my families. I have been taking these days off since my DS started school and they haven't changed.
It's good for me to plan what breaks I'm taking so far in advance because it helps DH arrange his hols at work. There are only 4 of them and only 1 can take time off at any one time.