PDA

View Full Version : How long have you got off for Chrimbo??

sophiestars
21-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Hi as the title suggests I was just wondering how much time you are taking off (if any!!) over Christmas and new year.

I am having 2 weeks off from mon 21st and starting back again on Mon 4th jan. I am starting to feel this may be a bit extravagant but I think I will need the break by then! I worked out that there are only actually 6 working days in those 2 weeks because of all the bank holidays so it's not too bad.

All my parents have been fine about it as they are either not working themselves or have other halves that have got time off (one dad is a teacher )

I was hanging on before I told them incase any of them told me they were having holiday first and then they would still have to pay (naughty I know!!) but I like to give them lots of notice so that plan didn't work lol!!

Originally I had planned to work up to lunchtime on Christmas eve but I want some time with my own family especially as my littlest will be at nursery 5 mornings after Christmas. Do you all work up to the bitter end?

mushpea
21-11-2009, 09:14 PM
I stop on the 23rd and go back on the 4th so off chris eve , told my kids this today and they were so happy , bouncing of the walls and everything, i think its important for them to be able to have their new stuff out with out being harrased or having to take it up stairs and good for us to have some family time although the OH is working christmas night and through the chrisy hols anyway:rolleyes:

Blackhorse
21-11-2009, 09:19 PM
I am stopping on the 23rd and start again on monday the 4th.

parents have some time off as well...other mindee is stopping in december as was on short term contract...although mum might need me again for another 3 months or so beginning in january

I put the dates into my last newsletter and nobody complained about it. not that I would have changed my hols anyways.
I do not want to work over christmas...and the last few years I always had to work it as it was financial year in in my company and for some reason they couldnt do year end without me...but now nobody can tell me I need to work!! haha

TheBTeam
21-11-2009, 09:25 PM
I am stopping on the 23rd, this is the first time that i have not worked christmas eve, but really feel i need time off and my family need time, parents generally okay, they know we have had a bit of a time in the last 18months. Back to work on the 4th, my two go back to school on the 5th.

Will be nice to have some time off that isn't taken up with being away on holiday!

green puppy
21-11-2009, 09:42 PM
I also finish 21st and start again 4th jan. I explain before signing contracts that my hols are 2 weeks at christmas and 2 weeks in august school hols.:)

Shirlwith3
22-11-2009, 09:16 AM
I have from 17th Dec - 4th Jan of this yr, I was cheeky & asked parent what they were taking over the holidays one was having from 18thDEc- 4th Jan & the other is having from 17th Dec- 4th Jan, so far since I have been minding I have had 2 weeks of for christmas & I have not had to use my holiday.

Cazz
22-11-2009, 11:06 AM
I will be finishing on the 22nd Dec until 5th January. Had only planned to finish on 23rd until 4th Jan but due to the days I'll be working I get a couple of extra days!

amanda1309
22-11-2009, 12:03 PM
My last day working is 18th dec then back to work 5th Jan. I can't wait for hols especially as hubby is off this year also.

patevans
22-11-2009, 12:13 PM
I finish on the 23rd then back on 4th of January. I usually work Christmas eve but decided this year that I want to be out with my friends doing last bits cos I always miss out!

Chatterbox Childcare
22-11-2009, 12:24 PM
I stop on 22nd and go back on 4th Jan. it is a quiet time for me so I am having another childminders children on the monday and she is off and then she is covering mine on the 23rd so I am off.

Tatjana
22-11-2009, 02:06 PM
I was going to have 2 weeks off but not now, as i'm pregnant and will be on maternity leave from April i'll be needing all the money i can get in the meantime...as i don't charge for my holidays.

xx

ajs
22-11-2009, 02:47 PM
i'm depressed now as i thought i was having 2 and a half weeks off but just realised that it is only 1 and a half :panic:

i finish on the 23rd too and back on the 4th but i am taking a week at easter a week in june ( for my wedding anniversary we are going to new york)( i hope ) and then 2 weeks again in the summer.

madasahatter
22-11-2009, 03:11 PM
I finish on the 23rd and start again on the 4th, just like lots of you. Christmas is usually the time when we get some decorating done as it's the only stretch of time off where we don't usually go away.
The few days at the start of the Xmas hols are the only time I get with my before and after schoolies to do anything Christmassy as they all only do really short hours with me (1/2 hour each side and that includes school run).

Toothfairy
22-11-2009, 06:08 PM
I finish on the 22nd and go back on the 4th. :laughing:

But I am on duty at the Emergency Unit, 6pm-midnight Xmas Eve and 9am - 3pm on Boxing Day. :(

No peace for the wicked!! :D

Shivvie
22-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Our last working day is Friday 18th and we're back on Monday 4th januray, so 2 weeks off for us. :thumbsup: Can't wait!

MissTinkerbell
23-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Because all my parents are teachers or in the RAF I actually finish on the 18th get paid for the 21st and 22nd, then have time off from 23rd until 3rd Jan and start back at work on the 4th Jan - so thats 2 weeks for me, although I'm a bit miffed that the MIL is stopping for the week after Xmas which is my official time off and my first week off since August!! I just wanted that time with me, the kids and hubby so not impressed.

Jules12Wed
23-11-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm off 22nd December to Cuba and we arrive back on 6th January.

It'll be a sad time for us because we're only going away so that the loss of my Mum isn't so noticeable as we always spend Christmas together but at least we'll be in the sunshine.

Daftbat
23-11-2009, 08:22 PM
I am working on Christmas Eve and back on the Tuesday after Christmas so no time off at all really but i don't mind. I am not very busy - only a couple of children so will feel like time off anyway! I get a bit bored after Christmas and would rather save my hols for in the summer so a long weekend is fine by me.:D

Jelly Baby
24-11-2009, 11:32 AM
My last day is on xmas eve then i will have xmas day, boxing day and the sunday off..then poss back to work on the monday but only 2 hours if i do then the rest of the week with numerous kids!..last day 31st. Only reason i am is we are away for a week in dec then just over 2 weeks in jan as going on a cruise..i can't wait and think i may need it at this rate!!
Enjoy everyone!

mozarella
24-11-2009, 03:22 PM
i am having the same 2 weeks, but parents new a long time ago as I always go away to france to see family at this time

and i need the break too :)

Mollymop
24-11-2009, 03:37 PM
I finish on friday 18th until 4th jan! yippee:clapping:

balloon
24-11-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm only taking a week off, CMing is my only income and cannot afford to lose half the months money, lol! So I'm off from the 23rd to the Thursday after Christmas. Wish I could have longer but hey its more than I took off last year (3 days so as not to let the parents down!).

On the plus side though I'm having Wednesdays off after christmas so a mini holiday every week, lol! :lol:

emmadines
25-11-2009, 08:18 AM
pretty much as soon as the schools break up and prob when they go back in the new year (getting marring on the 29th so thats deffinitly off lol)

Lady Haha
25-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Wow, it really does seem the norm to take the time off then!! Last two years I've worked every available day, but this year I am taking my son on holiday so my last day is 22nd and back to work on 29th (Tuesday). For the cm who said she was back on the Monday, do you know that this is a bank holiday in lieu of Saturday (boxing day)? Just in case you didn't!!!

I was thrilled yesterday when I actually sat down with my diary to start making plans for each day and realised that the Friday is a bank hol too as it's new years day! So I only have to work two days the first week and three days the following week, but I've only actually taken two working days off cos of all the bank holidays!

But I will seriously consider taking the whole two weeks next year!