PDA

View Full Version : Fed up of waiting

Straws
04-03-2008, 10:16 AM
I been registered a month now and still have no children to look after:panic: , I have advertised everywhere. Had 2 parents come just for school holiday care and one phone call for after school care but not one got back to me, Am i doing something wrong????
Straws

LittleMissSparkles
04-03-2008, 10:26 AM
no you arent doing something wrong babe honestly, it does take time and not every phone callor visit ends with a contract, I know how hard it is sometimes especially starting out Ive only been registered since last June and am almost full now it just takes time xxx

honey
04-03-2008, 10:26 AM
noting is wrong. i havnt had a call for months. when i first started it was 12 months before i had someone, i advertised in the local shop, at the nursery school, the post office, and put a notice on my car saying vacancies now available

sarah707
04-03-2008, 10:28 AM
It is generally slow after Christmas in most areas.

Check your CIS advert... make sure it's the best it can be and update it every week so you pop to the top of the listing... and tell everyone you meet that you have vacancies!

Good luck! :D

booboo
04-03-2008, 11:48 AM
I was the same i was registered for about 2 months before i heard anything, i was panicing, and i advertised everywhere, and now, i get phone calls all the time, and im full.

Good luck

Amanda x

Mollymop
04-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Poor you, just give it time, I am sure things will loook up soon.
My friend is a childminder and it took her a good 6 months to get her first lot of kiddies but now she is full and turning people away.

Do you know any of your local childminders that you could speak to? Maybe if you give them your number and if they get any enquiries they can't help with they could point the parents in your direction?

Good luck X

Cheeky Chops
04-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Im the same hun! I have been waiting now for someone for what seems like aaaaaageeess! in fact its only been 2 wks!! Had lots of parents come and visits have gone very well, just nobody signed a contract yet!!

I share your frustration chuck xx

ma7ie
04-03-2008, 02:24 PM
It took me 3 months to get a mindee. Still very quiet in my area and speaking to other childminders round here they aren't getting enquiries either.

Annie_T
04-03-2008, 02:26 PM
it will take time hun. your have some children sooner than later dont worry

deeb66
09-03-2008, 03:04 PM
I am sorry that you still aren't getting any calls/work

Hang on in there it will happen soon!

angeldelight
11-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Hope you get some calls soon

Good luck

Angel xx

lollismum
11-03-2008, 07:55 PM
HI,
i know how you feel....... i've been registered since nov................ and havent signed a contract yet!!!:panic:
have had a few inquiries in the last few weeks and one family want me to look after their 2 children (one all day and one before/after school) 3 days a week starting 2nd week in april............. although we havent signed a contract yet??!!;)
i've also got someone coming to see me on thursday about looking after her 2 children (6 & 8) on saturdays??:D
so fingers crossed in a couple of weeks i hope to have some contracts signed!!!:laughing:
good luck hun. xx:thumbsup:
Karlie.

Angela234
11-03-2008, 08:00 PM
I know its hard when you start i sometimes go months without a call. It was about 3 months before my first i was lucky my daughters friend wanted a minder 2 days a week which started me off, it will happen

Angela

Michelle M
11-03-2008, 09:11 PM
I was lucky I only had to wait a couple of months, and another childminder from School had given my number to people, I am lucky now, I have all 3 under 5 full and a couple in the holidays, I dont do after School care (well only 1 day a week) as it doenst fit in with my family time.

Hang in there, I know its frustrating but it will come. I am a member of our local childminding group have you got one of these in your area?

Michelle xx

Banana
11-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Just wanted to say keep your chin up and it will happen for you soon!

xx

lizzymoonshine
11-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Hi there

I know what you mean, all the childminders i speak to think its really slow at the moment, its not just you honest! :)

You could try getting a triangular car sticker with your phone numbers on, i have had a couple of responses from that. Someone on here used to make them, and on ebay!

Good luck! :)

miffy
11-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Sorry Straws i agree with everyone else - it just takes time

Hope you get some enquiries soon

Miffy xx

nell57
11-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Things will happen soon, i waited nearly 4 months, then signed 4 families in 1 month, been reasonably busy ever since

good luck

helen

lisat
11-03-2008, 11:00 PM
You'll hear something soon, just keep your profile high!

Good luck.

Lisa xx