PDA

View Full Version : 9 year old starting

tara
20-11-2009, 09:34 PM
I have a 9 year old child starting with aspergers on tuesday my question is what do boys of this age play with l dont want to spend to much but l thought of lego but what else could l provide.

Blackhorse
20-11-2009, 09:38 PM
It depends on the child..I wouldnt get loads of stuff to begin with and see what he likes...
construction is always good as I think are various arts and crafts activities and possibly drawing...
my mindees 6 + 8 love that stuff

books as well...

nokidshere
21-11-2009, 12:06 AM
my 8-12 year old boys like any construction but especially bionicles and the hot wires set (which makes "real" things like working radios)

But to be honest they are just as happy (if not happier) when they can slob in front of the tv, use the wii or play on the computer.

Most of all though, the absolutely love it when my two year old girl is here because they LOVE playing with her toys :laughing: (under the guise of playing with J of course ;) ) lol

mushpea
21-11-2009, 08:14 AM
My son loves lego and wii, children with aspergers often love to play with the same toy or typ of game over and over so you could txt his mum or the other childminder to find out what he likes to play with at home or what he played with at her house.
my boy has been obsed with lego for the passed couple of years now, he swops between binoicles, starwars and indinana jones but all lego, even the game on the wii he plays the most is a lego game!!
he also has sensory issues whcih can go with aspegers so therefore isnt keen on messy play like painting or crafts but he does love cooking even thought thats messy too!!

mushpea
21-11-2009, 08:34 AM
sorry i also should have said ask him what he likes to play with and if you get the 'whatever' answer give him an argos catalouge to look through so he can point stuff out , you dont need to buy new stuff but it wouldgive you an idea.