PDA

View Full Version : To panic or not to panic .... that is the question

Carpet Monkeys
20-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Help! I'm in a dilemma! I'm still pre-reg, hoping for everything to be sorted by early January, so have slowly been doing bits on my policies/risk assessments here and there .... well, I've now got a prospective parent coming round on Thursday to start in Feb 2010 ... do I show what I've done so far, or get myself in a right flap and rush it to have it presentable by Thursday? I've only got the evenings as I work full time! Help!

beccas
20-11-2009, 09:22 PM
show them what you got explain you still working on it and when she next visits you will be able to show her properly but i think if she likes you and feels relaxed with you and also the child likes you that is what she will be bothered about most not the paperwork. hope this is helpful

Blackhorse
20-11-2009, 09:26 PM
I would say you shouldnt bombard the parent with too much to begin with anyway. It is a lot for them to take in and they are mainly coming to meet you and see what you're like and where you live...
the rest you can feed them gradually if they are interested..

I usually give new parents a 5 page document...which is just a basic summary of the service I offer ..a kind of frequently asked questions thing...
maybe a sample policy and I show them the registration and insurace docs if they want to see them..

the rest is just getting to know them and being able to answer their questions..which is half as bad as it sounds...remember they will be nervous as well and wont think of all the right things to ask...well some of them anyways

good luck with it..the first one is always the hardest one! I think:)

Carpet Monkeys
26-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Thank you all for your advice ... I met mum today and explained that I'm still working on my policies etc and that if she does decide to use my services then I will show her them when finished, which hopefully will be next week. She explained that she went to see a minder earlier in the week and no sooner was she through the door she was bombarded with permission forms, policies etc and she felt totally overwhelmed. Just got everything crossed that she liked me and my setting, just have to wait now for the call!

miffy
26-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Sounds promising - hope you get the work

Miffy xx

caz3007
27-11-2009, 12:56 PM
lKl - I think I know you from UKScrappers

Carpet Monkeys
27-11-2009, 09:22 PM
lKl - I think I know you from UKScrappers

Mmm I expect you do!! Who are you?

caz3007
29-11-2009, 10:44 AM
I am Caz890 on there. I have seen you around, I dont think you live that far from me either. But not close enough for us to be in competition :)