PDA

View Full Version : Living Room Decor

patevans
20-11-2009, 06:26 PM
I am going to decorate my living room in black and silver and want some inspiration, I am not supposed to decorate the walls but have done the chimney to make a bit of a feature.

I am not having black walls :panic: but not sure what colour I should paint them :huh: I am having a new black leather sofa :thumbsup: and I can put the black and silver nik-naks together just need to see some black and silver decorated rooms to look at, I have googled but nothing came up!

beccas
20-11-2009, 06:30 PM
I have done this i have a black wallpaper which is textured and has tiger lillies in white with silver on them . i have painted my walls in a wilko colour alled feather its a lovely grey i got curtains off ebay called cezzanne silver and black and have black and silver knic nacs it looks ace... everyone says so

patevans
20-11-2009, 06:31 PM
I have done this i have a black wallpaper which is textured and has tiger lillies in white with silver on them . i have painted my walls in a wilko colour alled feather its a lovely grey i got curtains off ebay called cezzanne silver and black and have black and silver knic nacs it looks ace... everyone says so

Have you got any pics?

LOOPYLISA
20-11-2009, 06:32 PM
What colour is the chimney you have done ?

I would put a pic on of our bedroom we have just done but thats no help as its plum colours :laughing:

patevans
20-11-2009, 06:33 PM
What colour is the chimney you have done ?

I would put a pic on of our bedroom we have just done but thats no help as its plum colours :laughing:

Not done the chimney to go with black and silver yet its still in the old colour, but that will have wallpaper on, when I find some :rolleyes:

LOOPYLISA
20-11-2009, 06:35 PM
How about good old white, no landlord can moan about white walls :thumbsup:

beccas
20-11-2009, 06:37 PM
i will put pics on tell me how?????

patevans
20-11-2009, 06:42 PM
upload the pics from your camera to a file on your computer, then click on the paperclip next to the smiley face just above where you write your message then browse for the pictures and upload :thumbsup: preview your messgae before you send to see if they have attached!

Twinkles
20-11-2009, 06:46 PM
There are some lovely papers in B and Q. We've recently done the chimney breast in shades of cream and beige ( not as boring as it sounds ). The paper has a huge flower pattern on so could really only do one feature wall but it does look nice :thumbsup:

patevans
20-11-2009, 06:48 PM
There are some lovely papers in B and Q. We've recently done the chimney breast in shades of cream and beige ( not as boring as it sounds ). The paper has a huge flower pattern on so could really only do one feature wall but it does look nice :thumbsup:

Never even thought to look in B & Q :idea: off to have a nosey tomorrow :thumbsup:

I have seen lots of nice papers around its the paint colour I am struggling with.

LOOPYLISA
20-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Never even thought to look in B & Q :idea: off to have a nosey tomorrow :thumbsup:

I have seen lots of nice papers around its the paint colour I am struggling with.

We bought some Linda Barker paper from b & q for our feature wall :thumbsup:

Some lovely ones in there x

beccas
20-11-2009, 07:04 PM
it wont let me keeps saying error

beccas
20-11-2009, 07:07 PM
i got mine from b&m dont know if you got one near you and paint matched lovely shame it wont let me upload pics

patevans
20-11-2009, 07:09 PM
i got mine from b&m dont know if you got one near you and paint matched lovely shame it wont let me upload pics

did you try to upload a few or one? try one at a time!

beccas
20-11-2009, 07:14 PM
just one send me your email i will send them to you:(

beccas
20-11-2009, 08:00 PM
here for all to see

patevans
21-11-2009, 01:03 PM
OMG I have just been to B&Q and visually spent over £100 in a few minutes, fell in love with some wallpaper and curtains, added the link to curtain but couldnt find the wallpaper but added a few more links to wallpapers I also liked

http://tiny.cc/fIcSw

http://tiny.cc/GlYZI

http://tiny.cc/yo4Oo

Chatterbox Childcare
21-11-2009, 01:06 PM
ove the curtains and the black wallpaper but not a fan of the grey

patevans
21-11-2009, 01:08 PM
ove the curtains and the black wallpaper but not a fan of the grey

The paper I fell in love with is black with big silver flowers and they are sparkly...its beautiful, I took some sample so will try to take a pic!

I took the pic - here it is!

beccas
21-11-2009, 01:34 PM
loving the links they are nice but i have seen these on the internet when i was looking for curtains for my living room get the name and google them its cheaper trust me thats what i did. ebay have gto some lovely curtains.:thumbsup:

patevans
21-11-2009, 01:37 PM
loving the links they are nice but i have seen these on the internet when i was looking for curtains for my living room get the name and google them its cheaper trust me thats what i did. ebay have gto some lovely curtains.:thumbsup:

Thanks will do :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
21-11-2009, 01:39 PM
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9747224&fh_view_size=10&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=linda+barker&fh_eds=%c3%9f&fh_refview=search&ts=1258810623013&isSearch=true

This is what we have, looks similar to yours :thumbsup:

beccas
21-11-2009, 01:41 PM
thats lovely love the pink but my hubby and 2 boys rejected pink, me and my daughter loved it but 3 against 2 we lost.

patevans
21-11-2009, 01:45 PM
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9747224&fh_view_size=10&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=linda+barker&fh_eds=%c3%9f&fh_refview=search&ts=1258810623013&isSearch=true

This is what we have, looks similar to yours :thumbsup:

Thats gorgeous, might have to decorate my bedroom too :laughing:

PixiePetal
21-11-2009, 02:24 PM
I love them all :thumbsup: Our house is totally magnolia :laughing: as it was being decorated to rent out when in-laws passed away - then we decided to see if we could live here.

Actually it looks ok as we have old pine furniture and the rooms would be a bit dark if not as it's a victorian farmhouse. (Trying to convince myself that magnolia is nice!)

LOOPYLISA
21-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Thats gorgeous, might have to decorate my bedroom too :laughing:

:D :thumbsup: thanks x

jucatzzz
21-11-2009, 05:08 PM
i have one wall of black textured paper in my bedroom, and paint on the other walls in a putty colour.
it goes well with red, chrome or any metallic accesories :D