PDA

View Full Version : new starter where they are check list

beccas
20-11-2009, 11:45 AM
hi does anyone have a checklist type of thing (i know vage) that i could use as an example to design my own .. of where you can judge where a child is at and what age of development in line with eyfs.. i had one but lost it somehow somewhere and cant find it got new starter and need to start his eyfs but only have him after school age 3 but i also have 5 other children after school at same time so i am struggling to obs all the time.:panic:

Jen 10
20-11-2009, 06:16 PM
How about this?

http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/node/84551

Jenny

beccas
20-11-2009, 06:35 PM
i got that one thanks but need something simpler got a little boy with autism so wanting something basic. you know count to 5, dress himself blah blah

Jen 10
21-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Developmental milestones?

I found this but not read it through!

http://www.cwtherapy.com/pragmatics1.html

There is a book with simple milestones in, I think it was called From birth to five. There is a book on amazon called developmental milestones - not sure what that is like though.

Hope this link is some good!

Ripeberry
21-11-2009, 06:55 PM
That first link is for reception age children 4+. This is what my daughter's teacher uses :)

jumpinjen
21-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Perhaps you could look for information specific to children with autism on the web as he will not be able to do all of the sections of EYFS as he may struggle with communication for example.... you could call your support worker from your early years team and ask for some support on this!

Good luck, Jenni:)

beccas
21-11-2009, 07:56 PM
yes tried that have emailed 3 times and called 4 times still waiting!!!!!!!!!!

sarah707
21-11-2009, 09:21 PM
You shouldn't need anything other than the Eyfs ages and stages information at the back of the Statutory Guidance.

It doesn't matter that the child is working below, at or above their age and stage... the information is there as guidance for what to do next to support them with moving on.

Do you have a copy of the guidance? :D

beccas
21-11-2009, 10:00 PM
yes and i have got really good eyfs planning and obs and assesment bits but wanted to know if anyone had a checklist i used to have one for birth to three i just thought that would be a good starting point as he is often in melt down,