PDA

View Full Version : Help please

lissy
20-11-2009, 10:57 AM
I have just changed bum of 9 mth old mindee and her skin is bleeding. It has done this a tiny bit before when she has had nappy rash but not to this extent. Cant see any nappy rash but when i wiped it just all started bleeding??????

moogster1a
20-11-2009, 11:00 AM
my lo used to do this every few months. Usually when he was teething. I'd leave him bottom bare as much as possible ( wee everywhere but never mind) and after a couple of days it would mysteriously disappear again. Doctor couldn't pinpoint what it was, basically told me to dry bottom out and not put any cream etc.on it.

RainbowMum
20-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Phone the Parent for advise - if its not done it with them before advise them to collect and take to Nurse, thats what Iwould do x

gigglinggoblin
20-11-2009, 11:26 AM
There is some fab cream called metanium in a yellow tube which is brill for severe nappy rash. I have seen this lots of times with my own kids, sometimes it needs a visit to the doc and sometimes it just goes for no apparent reason. If you call the parents then its their decision

Nat78
20-11-2009, 11:47 AM
One of my mindees was like this, came up for no reason. Metanium mentioned above is fantasic stuff, but be careful, I found it stained clothing. Would do same as others as well, phone parents, bare bum. Its not nice for them or you. Hope it clears soon.

Pipsqueak
20-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Note it down (cover yourself) and ring parent:thumbsup:

helenlc
20-11-2009, 12:26 PM
I would ring parent and inform them. They will either tell you that it has happened before and then what they do when it does happen ie bare bum if possible. Or, if its the first time, you might need to reassure them and ask them if they would like to come and collect LO to take her to the GP/Nurse etc.

Hope LO is ok now.

katickles
20-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Yeah I would write it up & definatly call the parents - if you haven't already done :)

You say theres no nappy rash at the mo so I would want it checked out.

Hope lo is ok

mama2three
20-11-2009, 01:24 PM
agree with the advice already given . would not have been without metanium with ds3 - bleeding nappy rash gone overnight!