PDA

View Full Version : OWN UP. WHO HAS GOT THERE XMAS TREE UP ALREADY

Mollymop
20-11-2009, 07:33 AM
or who is thinking of putting it up this weekend.

I am waiting til next weekend, but usually I have it up this weekend, but am gonna wait a week longer this year! ha ha

I know, I know....:D

Tam's Tribe
20-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Not me . . . but I cant wait . . . I am thinking of getting a real tree this year, and put it up first week of December . . . when do they start selling them . . . any tips on maintenance of a real tree to help it last till end of December????

helenlc
20-11-2009, 07:48 AM
I always put mine up on the 1st - but this yr I will be working til 6 (last yr was 5), so not sure I want to get everything down at that time.

So am considering putting it up w/e before ie 27/28!!!:blush:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Hebs
20-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Mines going up tomorrow

Can't wait

Xxx

angeldelight
20-11-2009, 07:51 AM
ooooops sorry I just asked this on the other thread did not see this one ha

Lots up by us now

Angel xx

Shivvie
20-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Me! :blush:

ORKSIE
20-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Not yet.......:panic:

LOOPYLISA
20-11-2009, 08:05 AM
NO Sandra, too early :D

Ours will be a real one so we will have to wait till they start to sell them, more than likely be first weekend of dec :thumbsup:

Blackhorse
20-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Not me . . . but I cant wait . . . I am thinking of getting a real tree this year, and put it up first week of December . . . when do they start selling them . . . any tips on maintenance of a real tree to help it last till end of December????

we only do real trees ...you have 2 options really
you can buy one in a pot which will last you forever and can be planted outside once christmas is over. they sell them at homebase...and have done for a month now..

or you can get a stand where you can water the tree...this will not make it last forever but a longer time.
but after a couple of weeks it will drop the needles!
we used to always do it with the water and it was ok...as you hoover anyway you get the needles from a wooden floor off easily...if you have a carpet its a bit trickier...

we used to always put some xmas wrapping paper under the tree (to stand on) and that way any needles would collect on that...and any spills of water you might have

this year I bought an xmas tree in a pot, which is outside my front door in a gigantic pot and will remain in the garden
I will get another one for inside and might go for another one in a pot....not sure yet...

cuddlybunny38
20-11-2009, 08:12 AM
we normally do the 1st as well but working till 6.30 and as someone else said bit late to be getting bits down so doing the 29th

Tam's Tribe
20-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Thanks Nicole . . . I nominate you my GURU chick . . . you have so much helpful advice (me and kids are LOVING the salt dough) and I really appreciate it . . . I am going to go for real tree in pot . . . do you replant it or keep it in a pot after christmas???

Right, going to nag *ooooooops* mean ask hubby to get all my christmas stuff out of the loft . . . really excited about Christmas . . . and I really enjoy watching the kids get excited . . . but think I am still gonna wait until first week of December to put the tree up.

Also need to organise wooden train advent calendar for mindees . . . was naughty this year and bought my boys the Lego and Playmobil Advent Calendars . . . but I blame the Forum 100% coz I wouldnt have seen them if I hadnt been on here . . . thats my story and I am sticking to it :D :D :D

Chatterbox Childcare
20-11-2009, 08:26 AM
:laughing: Gosh no not me. When my tree goes up I spring clean everywhere and I don't have the room or time to do it at the moment.

Not sure when it will happen as I don't have a free weekend to do it and it takes me at least 8 hours.

Maybe I will do it when I am on holiday on the 23rd - definately not

Blackhorse
20-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Thanks Nicole . . . I nominate you my GURU chick . . . you have so much helpful advice (me and kids are LOVING the salt dough) and I really appreciate it . . . I am going to go for real tree in pot . . . do you replant it or keep it in a pot after christmas???

Right, going to nag *ooooooops* mean ask hubby to get all my christmas stuff out of the loft . . . really excited about Christmas . . . and I really enjoy watching the kids get excited . . . but think I am still gonna wait until first week of December to put the tree up.

Also need to organise wooden train advent calendar for mindees . . . was naughty this year and bought my boys the Lego and Playmobil Advent Calendars . . . but I blame the Forum 100% coz I wouldnt have seen them if I hadnt been on here . . . thats my story and I am sticking to it :D :D :D

I will replant..if you leave it in the pot it will grow as well but not as big.
problem is if the roots get bigger over time you wont get it out of the pot anymore without having to distroy the pot.
Obviously you could leave it forever in the pot but it wont grow as big and I am not sure how long it would last that way...