PDA

View Full Version : to pay or not to pay

smellyellie
19-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Hi i no you lovely people on here will be able to help me, ive been registered since june/july and have jus had my 1st contracts signed eventually, when we had the meeting to sign contracts the parents told me they would be needing me from the 14th december, then she came 2day for a visit with the little boy (she was here all day aswell by the way :eek: ) and now she tells me 2day that she dont need me 2 work that week now, so wont be startin till the new year, i new i was only workin that 1 week till the new year as they are going to poland 4 the xmas, my question is do they still need to pay me for that week that they said i was starting
thats when ive put the starting date on my contracts
thx sarah

jaja
19-11-2009, 08:45 PM
depends how u want to play it, by the contracts then she would have to pay you for that week and keeps things proffessional however, i have in the past "let parents off" for a week if there plans change , keeping you in good books and will pass your details on to other people, for example but then parents then could take the lead in the contract and its your business at the end of the day..

i dont think i have helped have i? i suppost what i am saying is its your business and we all work differently so it depends on what you want and how far you are willing to work with parents and be flexible... sorry now ive rambled:blush:

good luck with whatever you decide to do, and hopefully someone with there brain switched on can help you xx

babs
19-11-2009, 08:50 PM
i myself been as u havnt started yet would let them off,maybe sayin ok will have to change contract dates as i would have to charge u other wise and pointing out what is written about hoildays and been paid written into it. if u get what i mean.. and start the new year off on a good footing

mama2three
20-11-2009, 02:02 PM
or say something along the lines of - I know it says in your contract that you pay regardless of whether your child attends , but as its nearly xmas and Im in a good mood Ill only charge you half fees for that week! Make it sound like you're doing them a favour!

mrs c
21-11-2009, 01:26 AM
I had something quite similar recently where the parents decided to send their daughter one week later than the contract commencement date and I decided to let it go and not charge for that week. I felt happier doing this and feel it helped start a better relationship between us. I do think the parents appreciated this and they often come early to collect