PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Childminder just got notice on 4 mindees

RedDragon
19-11-2009, 06:53 PM
and she is desperate for work, poor thing.

Just wondering if anyone could tell me of any places she could advertise for free.

I'm going to help her on the computer tomorrow to advertise everywhere available.

Minstrel
19-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Oh dear how awful!

netmums

childcare.co.uk

gumtree

shop windows

poster in car

hand out leaflets/business cards at school gates

will carry on thinking

Merry-Minder
19-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Maybe doctors waiting room or library - dont forget to advertise places other than your local area you may be on someones route to work.

Good luck to your friend.

xxx

ORKSIE
19-11-2009, 07:09 PM
What a awful shock, bless her. Hope she gets some calls soon:thumbsup:

sarah707
19-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Oh heck I bet that's really got her worried, especially with Christmas coming up.

Is there anything useful in this thread...? :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4171&highlight=advertising

RedDragon
19-11-2009, 07:29 PM
You are such a lovely bunch.

:clapping:

She has no minded children to look after tomorrow - I have 2 so she is going to come round here and I will help her.

Am going to work through each idea you have all offered.

cher25
19-11-2009, 08:30 PM
College's.
University if any are nearby.
Hospital's.
Solictors offices.
Factories.

helenlc
19-11-2009, 08:46 PM
dont forget to advertise places other than your local area you may be on someones route to work.

I second this - I once had mindees who lived about a 25 minute drive from my house but Mum worked near my house, so chose for them to come to me.

Ask to put ads up at schools - with January intakes just round the corner it would be a good time.

Put them in shops near your local train station or near bus stops near to your house etc.

Your poor friend. Best of luck.:thumbsup:

lesley
19-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Our local childminding team have some funding, can not remember what it is called but gives you some money for empty vacancies not sure of amount or for how long but its worth asking.

Lesley

mandy moo
20-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Hope shes ok,
just being nosey, how awfull for her, but did they give a reason..
sounds very odd to me?

tinynippers
20-11-2009, 09:27 AM
You are such a lovely bunch.

:clapping:

She has no minded children to look after tomorrow - I have 2 so she is going to come round here and I will help her.

Am going to work through each idea you have all offered.

with a friend like you im sure she'll get some calls soon. xxx

RedDragon
20-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Hope shes ok,
just being nosey, how awfull for her, but did they give a reason..
sounds very odd to me?

1 set of 2 having Grandma move into Granny flat so will be taking over Childcare :eek: - the other 2 for the life of me I can't remember - but nothing sinister.

Her house is not big and she does have some noisy children lol but as a Childminder she has got a heart of gold.

She is coming a bit later on today.

RedDragon
20-11-2009, 10:38 AM
with a friend like you im sure she'll get some calls soon. xxx

Ah thank you xxxxx

Rasharoon
20-11-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm losing 3 mindees March/April next year (these are all my younger ones). I'll be left with 3 after schoolers so won't have any children with the EYFS bracket and I've my NVQ to do!

Enquries where I am are non-existent so keeping my eyes open with the local schools/nurseries.

It's tough out there.

Good luck to your friend and everyone else struggling.

mama2three
20-11-2009, 03:21 PM
does she live on a 'school run street'? One cm i know has filled vacancies by hanging a sign on her gate - registered childminder , vacancies , apply within!

Curly Quavers
20-11-2009, 03:24 PM
try and get poster put up in the staff room of large local business. Also The council, ASDA, Tesco all these places have staff rooms with a notice board.

Merry-Minder
20-11-2009, 03:49 PM
does she live on a 'school run street'? One cm i know has filled vacancies by hanging a sign on her gate - registered childminder , vacancies , apply within!

Thats a good idea!

RedDragon
20-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Lots of great ideas - thanks everyone :thumbsup:

Put her details with about 10 different advertising places and have helped make her a website (the basics so she can add to it).