PDA

View Full Version : Uni Project

Philioto
19-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Hi again,

Just wondering if i could rack a few brains onto the main considerations people make when buying a new pushchair, it would really help my project if i could get some different opinions on what is important, and how important each feature is.

Thanks for your time,

Phil

madasahatter
19-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Weight of the product, how compact it is when folded (will it fit into my car boot!), does it have full lay back for use with babies, age suitability, ease of collapsing and erecting it, size of wheels, how easy it is to push, type of brake, how easy is it to get up steps, does it fit through doors,

How much more do you need?

candy cat
19-11-2009, 07:15 PM
well known names....weight ,size, handle height a must.....well made product and not anything too plastic!

Philioto
19-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Excelletn stuff, just the sort of things i wanted to hear!
Are there any aspects you would consider compromising on, in favour of improvements to others if it came down to it? E.g. extra weight for ease of folding.

tashaleee
19-11-2009, 07:28 PM
All of the above!

Also would be great if handle height was adjustable (so comfort for both myself and DH as there is a height difference), plus location of brake (can I accidently kick it on whilst walking - can on my current buggy and it hurts!!! good excuse for a new one again though :blush: )

Also where can I put shopping/changing bags - storage underneath or on the handles - and if baby is asleep can I access the underneath storage

Am sure there's probably more.... :laughing:

sarah707
19-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Excelletn stuff, just the sort of things i wanted to hear!
Are there any aspects you would consider compromising on, in favour of improvements to others if it came down to it? E.g. extra weight for ease of folding.

Every buggy I have ever owned in the last 16 years has been a compromise.

I go for light weight and it's flimsy... I go for manoeuvrable and it goes off in directions of its own... I go for sturdy and it gives me shoulder ache...

I took every double buggy Mothercare World had to offer off the shelves once and pushed them round the store... and still couldn't find one that ticked all the right boxes :laughing:

Good luck with your project, hth :D

Pipsqueak
19-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Height of the handle is a must
Compact
Range of lie back positions (including full lie back)
Durable
Swivel wheels
Good brake
shopping basket

rain cover (!)

this covers singles and doubles

I will say that I have gone mainly for more non-well known brands and one of them has lasted for 11years now, through my 3 children, 3 neices/nephews and 2 neighbours children.

Twinkles
19-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Big wheels because they are easier to push over muddy fields , through woods etc.

Weight and how compact it becomes when folded to go in car.

I've never yet found one that ticks all my boxes. I have one with big wheels at the moment ( as that is the most important thing for me ) but it's heavy and bulky.

jaja
19-11-2009, 08:14 PM
ok, I would consider...

price
colour
size
comfort
age of child
doorways
accessories for the buggy

hope this helps

The Juggler
19-11-2009, 11:02 PM
lightweight
compact when folded
fits through doorways (for doubles)

suzyblue
20-11-2009, 07:29 AM
I've just got a phil and teds and its manouvability (sp?) is great. I dont like the design however and the fact that a two year old cannot hold on to the buggy due to the large wheels. It comes with a strap to hold on to but its not sturdy enough for a two year old and he keeps falling over. Being tallish I went for an adjustable handle not realising that it only adjusts to a lower height!
I dont think you can ever get a pushchair that can cover everything you need but let me know if you manage it!!

The Juggler
20-11-2009, 07:43 AM
plus a rain cover that doesn't rip when the little ones push/kick it with their feet:(

christine e
20-11-2009, 07:43 AM
HI

Suitable from birth

Able to fold down enough to fit in boot of car

Easy to manouvre

Not too heavy (hard to lift) not too light (have been known to blow away)

Colour (going to withstand hard wear so nothing too light in colour)

Well known manufacturer

Christine

mama2three
20-11-2009, 08:46 AM
would have thought PRICE would have been in more peoples lists. Budget is a major consideration for the vast majority of parents , yes they may love a superduper all singing and dancing model , but get what they can afford!
In my price range i chose the pushchair i did because it converted to a pram , which i thought was crucial for a newborn , would not have considered anything which wasnt fully flat. Then the fact that the 'package' included everything including car seat and the car adaptor for the seat ( having a senior moment and cant think what they are actually called!!). Things i wish id put more thought into - weight and ease of pushing.

Philioto
16-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Hello to all who spent the time to share their thoughts and opinions.

My many thanks to you all, your input has been invaluable in my project and i cannot thank you enough!

I hope you are all well and business is good.

My project has gone very well and i am looking forward to finally finsihing up and getting myself a good job!

Thank you all again and good luck for the future,

Phil :thumbsup:

The Juggler
16-05-2010, 05:53 PM
glad the project went well! look forward the the manufacture of the superbuggy!:clapping:

miffy
16-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Nice of you to come back and let us know how you got on.

You'll have to let us know if your design makes it to the market place, we're expecting great things! :D :thumbsup:

Miffyxx

Pipsqueak
16-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Thats excellent news. thanks for updating us:thumbsup: