PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a tip for getting felt tip pen off a white leather settee?

FussyElmo
19-11-2009, 05:13 PM
My ds has been artistic again and drawn all over the settee arms. I have been scrubbing at it with fairy liquid kitchen cleaner will try bleach next if no one has any good ideas.

Minstrel
19-11-2009, 05:14 PM
hairspray :thumbsup:

fionamal
19-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Ive had this before and I used milk which discouloured it then spray on hairspray and rub hard it it lifted it.

Would never have beleived it to work but one of the mums told me to try it and it was great although it didnt work for a pink highlighter :rolleyes:

FussyElmo
19-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Its not working it faded slightly but thats about it - hubby is going to go flip and I feel like crying!!!

tammerisk
19-11-2009, 08:32 PM
i use aldi baby wipes they seem to get everything out even blood out of cream carpet

babs
19-11-2009, 08:35 PM
u could try nail varnish remover but put a little remover on cotton wool then dip it in a little water or it can melt leather...... becareful if u use this as it dont suit all leathers

madasahatter
19-11-2009, 10:05 PM
One of my mum's swears by the alcoholic hand gel, she says it gets a lot of stains out. What sort of felt pens were they....permanent or washable (supposedly)

katickles
19-11-2009, 10:08 PM
How did you get on?

I had a problem when my 2yr old dd took crayons to the screen of our new plasma:eek:

I ended up buying a special wipe solution & cloth from Tesco's - maybe something like that would work if its not already been sorted :)

Chatterbox Childcare
19-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Try getting some car upholstery cleaner - it seems to remove everything and disolves felt tip pen off of walls.

Failing that I would contact your household insurance company and get a new one - they will soon send out an expert to sort it!

Chatterbox Childcare
19-11-2009, 11:26 PM
I just googled and got:

Vaseline chick. xx even if it doesnt take it all off on the first go..it will fade it and do it every day for a few days and it will remove it. x

one person at either side, pick it up and put it outside, some one will soon take it. :laughing: (sorry couldn't resist)

ORKSIE
19-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Hope you have got it out...How annoying....I would be havin a dippy fit!

Try Floor wipes, they are very good at getting tough stuff off/

Deep breaths.....

cowboy
20-11-2009, 07:12 AM
Don't use nail varnish remover- I used it when I got nail varnish on our brown leather one! I had to pay £140 for someone to come and remove the mark by redying that bit of the sofa!
I didn't tell my oh though- just covered it in cushins for a few days til the man came!
Good luck

Paula

kindredspirits
20-11-2009, 07:52 AM
saddle soap - all purpose leather cleaner and really is magic - if you haven't got stables near you you can pick it up off ebay for afew quid.

angeldelight
20-11-2009, 07:56 AM
Any luck have you tried everyones ideas

Angel xxx

FussyElmo
21-11-2009, 07:35 AM
The only one I havent tried is the saddle soap - it is disappearing slowly:rolleyes: on the plus side the settee has never been so clean :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

Curly Quavers
21-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Perfume on a cotton bud. I have used it on my brown leather sofa and on my mother in laws cream leather sofa. Worked perfect!