PDA

View Full Version : Do you think I will get a variation for...........

helenlc
19-11-2009, 04:44 PM
4 under 5s 2 days a week?

The mum with the baby didnt happen so I am still back to having 3 until Xmas when one of mine goes and I am back to 2.

But a mum called me last night who has 2 daughters who are currently in nursery. However, they both have wheat and egg allergies and the nursery are not doing a good job of making sure they dont get any food that they're not supposed to have. Mum wants them to come out of such a big setting for more individual care. She wants Monday to Friday.

Once my 10 mth old finishes, I can have them number wise on Weds to Friday but not Monday and Tuesday. I would need a variation to have them on the Mon and Tues.

Mum and Dad literally live round the corner from me.

I know Ofsted only usually give variations for continuity of care and not for new starters. But I wondered if they would consider mine based on the girls specific needs?

Thanks

Helen

PaulaR
19-11-2009, 07:33 PM
You could phone ofsted first and put it to them

helenlc
19-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Well I have spoken to the mum of the 2 potential mindees again. She said the 3 yr old will be at nursery sessions every afternoon from January, so actually I will only have 4 for Monday and Tuesday mornings til 12.30 (as another mindee goes at 3 which is when 3 yr old finishes nursery session).

But will maybe ring Oftsed tomorrow and see what they say.

Zoomie
19-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Can you not have them on Wed, Thurs & Friday and then submit variaton request. It then becomes continuity of care ? LO may have to stay a nursery on Mon & Tues for a short period ?

Chatterbox Childcare
19-11-2009, 11:40 PM
I agree with Zoomie - take them on and then ask for the additional day as c of c

helenlc
20-11-2009, 07:46 AM
I might go that way.

Mum is coming Monday evening, maybe I can suggest to her that they come here for 2 days leading up to Xmas and then ask for the variation for after Xmas.

Thank you:thumbsup: