PDA

View Full Version : Mindees sister is sick

grindal
19-11-2009, 08:34 AM
My mindees dad collected mindee last night and told me mindees sister had been vomitting all day and the previous night (I was slightly annoyed Mum had not told me this in the morning) and was off to the doctors. This morning mum arrived and when I asked about sister she said docs had said it was a vomitting bug. Now, I assume this means mindee is quite likely to end up with the same bug - which in turn probably means my two and I will too?! How do people deal with situations like this - do you just up your hygiene routine? I have made it clear to mum that if sister is ill in the future I would like to be informed so I can take additional measures to try and prevent any cross infections.

Mcgons
19-11-2009, 09:10 AM
I have 1 mindee and her sister has been sick, then her mum, but she's been fine. My kids and hubby have all had sickness too, but there is something going round my ds school too, so don't know where it's come from as ds was ill first in our family. I've been fine. Don't know what else you can do apart from ask for parents to inform you asap, and like you say up your hygiene routine. I've been washing my hands constantly and disinfecting door handles etc daily!

helenlc
19-11-2009, 01:03 PM
You obviously can't not have the (well) sister just cos she might get what her sister had.

But as you say, if you were informed of her sisters condition, you could have been even more scruplulous than normal about hygiene practices ie hand washing, cross contamination etc.