PDA

View Full Version : How can i word this?

chels55
19-11-2009, 08:28 AM
I have laminate flooring and all children take their shoes off very small hall way, I have just watched a mindee and his mum run down the muddy grass area in the street knock the door the child then takes shoes off and guess what mum walks in leaving muddy food prints all over floor:angry:.
Im also having problems with the after school children doing this they take shoes off to come in but when they are collected and im talking to parents or seeing to other children they put their shoes on a run back through the house, i have said on many occasions in front of parents"this is why we take our shoes off so i dont have muddy floor, why are u putting shoes on then walking back through" Parents just smile:eek: :eek:
I want to put this in newsletter but not sure how to word it any advice please?

grindal
19-11-2009, 08:39 AM
I would tell them it is a health and safety issue - muddy floor is not good for crawling babies and a wet floor is just dangerous. I would say something like
Please be considerate and remember to remove shoes before entering the setting. This is a health and safety matter. I would be grateful if you could remind your children of this rule and support me in keeping the floors clean and safe for your children.
Then put a sign by your front door and supply a big box that they can put shoes in when they arrive.

Straws
19-11-2009, 08:58 AM
I only let parents into my home while a child is settling in, after that they stand in the porch while the child puts on there shoes and coat and I stand in the doorway to my hall so no one gets past LOL

Straws xx

youarewhatyoueat
19-11-2009, 09:11 AM
I would throw an old rug on the floor and point as they come in!!

RedDragon
19-11-2009, 09:16 AM
I would throw an old rug on the floor and point as they come in!!

I have done this with a towel - and they STEPPED OVER IT :censored:

Neighbour walked from my muddy garden into my playroom and wiped his feet on my cream rug as if it was a mat :censored:

mandy moo
19-11-2009, 06:36 PM
I have done this with a towel - and they STEPPED OVER IT :censored:

:eek: :eek: :

Thats...., well Im lost for words

mama2three
19-11-2009, 06:41 PM
I would tell them it is a health and safety issue - muddy floor is not good for crawling babies and a wet floor is just dangerous. I would say something like
Please be considerate and remember to remove shoes before entering the setting. This is a health and safety matter. I would be grateful if you could remind your children of this rule and support me in keeping the floors clean and safe for your children.
Then put a sign by your front door and supply a big box that they can put shoes in when they arrive.

great wording , and perhaps ask them to lead by example!

Daisy1956
19-11-2009, 08:49 PM
This happens to me, mindee takes shoes off Mum or Dad walk straight in with messy shoes Dad once had dog dirt on shoes took me ages to clean and disinfect not a word of apology argh

Curly Quavers
19-11-2009, 09:06 PM
I agree with Grindal and Straws 100%

Jemima77
19-11-2009, 09:47 PM
I have same problem I hate it!!!!!!!

miss mopple
19-11-2009, 09:53 PM
I have a sign by the loung door reminding people and certain parents have still been known to ignore it.

I now shut the gate across the doorway so they cant go further than the hallway :laughing: