PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you have springer spaniels???

flora
18-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Before you say it...........

yes possibly, we maybe, getting another dog :eek:

we have been offered a 5yr old springer, castrated male his mum and dad have to move and they can't take him, we do not know them so know nothing about the dog.

I am off to see him sunday morning with my " sensible " head on, but any advice from springer owners would be good :thumbsup:

sweets
19-11-2009, 08:02 AM
ive got 2 opinions on springers.

one my friend has got one, he's lovely, very friendly but completely bonkers!

two i know an adult who has a scar on her face as she was attacked by thier springer as a child for no reason what so ever!

personallly i am not a dog person and would never have one, but my friends dog is gorgeous and if i was to have one it would be him!

sorry not much help:)

Polly2
19-11-2009, 08:37 AM
I have a cocker. She is gorgeous but she is loopy...I can't have her anywhere near the kids because however hard I try she jumps up and would knock them over.

She adores kids but is just really boisterous - my own kids roll around the floor with her and she loves it.

LOOPYLISA
19-11-2009, 09:30 AM
My friend has had 2, great dogs, very boisterous (sp???) though :thumbsup:

LittleMissSparkles
19-11-2009, 10:40 AM
we had a springer called Molly absolute nutter she was:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: good luck babe xxx

saintsue
19-11-2009, 10:54 AM
YES WE HAVE ONE

he is 12 now and a very good dog, really good with children, we have had him since he was 6 weeks old a bit mad when a puppy but got over that

i would have another one
luv sue xxxx

amanda1309
19-11-2009, 12:48 PM
we have a 2yr old springer. He is lovely and brilliant with our daughter (7yrs) . He is really boistrerious (sp) and full of energy. He neeeds lots of walks.
He doesn't get through into the lounge when i'm working as he likes to eat toys. he lies at gate looking in hoping to be through. the kids like walking him and taking him to the beach.

hth

Curly Quavers
19-11-2009, 02:32 PM
We have a Springer and a Cocker. They are both FAB

To be honest Spaniels are probably the only king of dog we would ever have.

Very Very loyal excitable but lovely. (remember that with a careful diet and choosing a dog food with reduced protein you can cut down on the energy they have so making them less excitable - so I am told)

flora
19-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks for that guys :thumbsup:

I sort of knew they were bonkers, so should fit in ok here :D

Wiill go and c him, biggest thing is no that we like him but the other dogs do :thumbsup:

Hopefully all will be well and he can come live in the zoo that is our farm :jump for joy:

FizzysFriends
19-11-2009, 07:42 PM
we have a 2yr old black and white springer and she is great with the kids, she has her own room so isn't in with the kids but they are always there trying to get to her. They love walking her too.